Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man, this sounds so Mickey Mouse like something the Jets would do it and not know what the heck was going on.

Again, whether or not there were any bad intentions, it simply gives the rest of the world not in New England a chance to cry cheaters at the Patriots yet again, and that's what I'm so pissed about. But the guy acting so shady when they caught him is problematic and doesn't help their claim.

Reactions: BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
People that are saying this is nothing and a non story, you're flat out wrong. This is a huge problem and it's going to have very severe repercussions. The statement they put out is clearly an attempt to get in front of this and play it off. It's not going to succeed and they are flat out ****ed. I'm incredibly pissed off at the sheer arrogance of Belichick to do this yet again. What a ****ing clown. Doing this against a garbage team that you don't need to do it for? WTF is wrong with you?

Do you seriously think that this organization would be dumb enough to intentionally commit the exact same illegal activity that they were severely punished for 12 years ago? An organization that's widely considered to be the smartest in all of sports. You must think Belichick is the dumbest human on the planet because the idea that it comes from arrogance is ridiculous.

Seems to be more about some idiot videographer contractor who probably thought he was doing something that could get him hired by the team officially versus some team directed nefarious act.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Again, whether or not there were any bad intentions, it simply gives the rest of the world not in New England a chance to cry cheaters at the Patriots yet again, and that's what I'm so pissed about. But the guy acting so shady when they caught him is problematic and doesn't help their claim.

So winning twitter battles with anti Pat trolls is what we should be worried about ?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Do you seriously think that this organization would be dumb enough to intentionally commit the exact same illegal activity that they were severely punished for 12 years ago? An organization that's widely considered to be the smartest in all of sports. You must think Belichick is the dumbest human on the planet because the idea that it comes from arrogance is ridiculous.

Seems to be more about some idiot videographer contractor who probably thought he was doing something that could get him hired by the team officially versus some team directed nefarious act.

Yes, can’t help themselves. How many people get caught doing the same wrongdoing over and over. The track record is there

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yes, can’t help themselves. How many people get caught doing the same wrongdoing over and over. The track record is there

Meh, fabricated made up outrage over a documentary. Nothing about this is the slightest nefarious or worthy of outrage except if you're looking for a reason to be

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

How many times did Kraft go back to "the spa" after literally being warned by the local police that it was under surveillance?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So winning twitter battles with anti Pat trolls is what we should be worried about ?

Nope, but it's about public perception and how the rest of the league views the Pats. If the league power brokers like the Rooneys and Maras of the world want Goddell to hammer the Patriots over something, he will do it like the pathetic little lackey he is. If public perception was against that, it would at least give them pause and make them think whether it will look good on them or not. In this case though, the public all expect the Pats to cheat since they feel they have all along. so having a guy get caught filming the signals is a bad look.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It doesn't matter if they did it or not. The guy was "caught" doing something that could be sketchy and given the organizations history of skirting the rules and flat out breaking them, it's all that the league, the other owners, and the fans of other teams need to consider the Pats guilty.

You say this is a rogue cameraman, was "The Deflator" also a rogue ball handler?? So much mental energy being spent on explaining away their wrong doings instead of accepting that virtually all teams do some kind of sketchy shit under the guise of gaining an advantage. The difference between the Pats and the rest of the league though is that the Pats have gotten caught multiple times.

As for the arrogance of BB, you only have to think back to the original spygate. He was warned by the league not to film where they did. And yet he ignored that warning. And even worse, did it right in front of one of his disciples, who obviously knew about the practice. So yeah, you mean to tell me that kind of arrogance isn't actually arrogance??

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Man I must be the only Patriots fan some people know. I wake up tagged to this story and wake up with someone screenshotting the Harry non TD call with showing supposedly Edelman blocking in the back.

Was going to stop watching the NFL after Brady retired but jesus may have to do it sooner with all this annoying ass nonsense thats been going on this season. SMH

Would think with ALL the success BB and Kraft would want a happy end to their story

Reactions: Maine Fan

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It doesn't matter if they did it or not. The guy was "caught" doing something that could be sketchy and given the organizations history of skirting the rules and flat out breaking them, it's all that the league, the other owners, and the fans of other teams need to consider the Pats guilty.

You say this is a rogue cameraman, was "The Deflator" also a rogue ball handler?? So much mental energy being spent on explaining away their wrong doings instead of accepting that virtually all teams do some kind of sketchy **** under the guise of gaining an advantage. The difference between the Pats and the rest of the league though is that the Pats have gotten caught multiple times.

As for the arrogance of BB, you only have to think back to the original spygate. He was warned by the league not to film where they did. And yet he ignored that warning. And even worse, did it right in front of one of his disciples, who obviously knew about the practice. So yeah, you mean to tell me that kind of arrogance isn't actually arrogance??

Seems to me the only one spending mental energy is you. You've almost got as many posts on this as the rest of us combined.

As for arrogance, there's a difference between doing something someone told you not to and doing something that you've been punished for doing before. I'm sure Belichick would risk getting banned from the league over doing something that he told Kraft was a 1 on a scale of 1 to 100 in helpfulness. As I said, your suggestions assume that Belichick is one of the dumbest humans on the planet. That's fine. You're certainly welcome to that opinion.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Seems to me the only one spending mental energy is you. You've almost got as many posts on this as the rest of us combined.

As for arrogance, there's a difference between doing something someone told you not to and doing something that you've been punished for doing before. I'm sure Belichick would risk getting banned from the league over doing something that he told Kraft was a 1 on a scale of 1 to 100 in helpfulness. As I said, your suggestions assume that Belichick is one of the dumbest humans on the planet. That's fine. You're certainly welcome to that opinion.

Uh, not to be a jerk and point this out because I'm sure you can figure this out on your own, but if you take the time to respond to me specifically, I will do the same in kind. That's all it is. No mental gymnastics. No anguish, just acceptance that they did something stupid. Which they admitted to doing in their statement.

As for the latest issue, I've said multiple times here in this very thread that it doesn't matter whether they did it or not to steal signals. The mere possibility of them doing and getting busted is the problem. They broke the rule and filmed the Bengals sideline from the press box during a game. They put themselves in a bad spot because of this coupled with their past transgressions, and they have to own that as an organization. I fully get why the Bengals are pissed about it too. The Pats videographer did it literally right under their noses and when the cameraman was approached over it, his reaction was reported to be suspicious. Again, not saying it was anything other than what they said, but they don't get the benefit of doubt based on their history, which is understandable.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Man I must be the only Patriots fan some people know. I wake up tagged to this story and wake up with someone screenshotting the Harry non TD call with showing supposedly Edelman blocking in the back.

Was going to stop watching the NFL after Brady retired but jesus may have to do it sooner with all this annoying ass nonsense thats been going on this season. SMH

Would think with ALL the success BB and Kraft would want a happy end to their story

Outstanding! :laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Uh, not to be a jerk and point this out because I'm sure you can figure this out on your own, but if you take the time to respond to me specifically, I will do the same in kind. That's all it is. No mental gymnastics. No anguish, just acceptance that they did something stupid. Which they admitted to doing in their statement.

As for the latest issue, I've said multiple times here in this very thread that it doesn't matter whether they did it or not to steal signals. The mere possibility of them doing and getting busted is the problem. They broke the rule and filmed the Bengals sideline from the press box during a game. They put themselves in a bad spot because of this coupled with their past transgressions, and they have to own that as an organization. I fully get why the Bengals are pissed about it too. The Pats videographer did it literally right under their noses and when the cameraman was approached over it, his reaction was reported to be suspicious. Again, not saying it was anything other than what they said, but they don't get the benefit of doubt based on their history, which is understandable.

Definitely not a jerk, and I apologize if my responses came off as jerkish. That was not my intent.

I don't disagree that whatever they did was stupid. They should have known better than to not get approval from all parties (Browns, Bengals, and the NFL).

The one point of yours that I took issue with was the suggestion that Belichick intentionally did this out of arrogance, believing he wouldn't get caught again. I just found that hard to believe. But hey, you're talking to a habitual rule follower who wouldn't let their dad take a FREE ticket to a high school football game when I was 6 years old because I was worried we'd get in trouble. Haha!

Again, I think we just have a philosophical difference of opinion on this, and that's ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

For sure. Patriots are shady. I don't think they are as bad as always portrayed but they always seem to have something going on. Thankfully they are the best sports team for two decades people have seen. I know it doesn't matter to Pats fans how fans of other teams or people in general view their organization though.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I thought the radios in the helmets were going to prevent this? I know some signs are used, but it's not like it used to be where everything was signs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I thought the radios in the helmets were going to prevent this? I know some signs are used, but it's not like it used to be where everything was signs.

Sounds like maybe the signals were to alert the players what type of package it is these days? . This way, you get the signal...see who goes in and comes out...and see what play is run. This way you know what plays could be run with what player personnel is in there. Would be a good thing to know for sure.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Because the visiting team's helmet radios always seem to mysteriously "malfunction" in Gillette.........

Kidding

Sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad