NFL GDT: Week 16

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Man, I've been thinking about this a lot this year. It's like draft well, consistently for years or your team will get left behind.

Saw Earl did some back-pedaling during the presser afterward. He's kind of a strange dude, and I hope he plans to honor at least this last year of his contract. He's too good to just let go unless he forces an issue. Ultimately if he wants to go play in D before he retires l can't begrudge him.
Business of the NFL.
Earl has one year left. If Seattle comes with a solid offer in the summer I think he signs it. Having broken his leg, watched Sherman rupture his Achilles, Kam injure his neck, if he can get a 4 year deal worth over $40 million with $20 million plus guaranteed he takes it. Too much at risk to go into a contract year at his age.

But, Earl is well aware of the economics. When his deal is up, so is Sherman's. As well as Clark and lockett coming off their rookie deals.

So, he's braced himself for the reality of the NFL.

As players age, if they lose one aspect physically, they are going to get cut. Dez wasn't a burner, but he has clearly lost a step and isnt a #1 wr anymore.

NFL is a brutal business. Only about 12 or so players on team are highly paid. Take the hawks. Wilson, brown, Graham, Baldwin, joekel, Bennett, Avril, Kam, Sherman, Thomas, wright, Wagner, and Richardson. And brown was a mid season add. You have a bunch of guys on rookie deals and a handful of inexpensive vets as backups.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Imagine paying money to go to a Texans game on Christmas and having to watch something named Taylor Heinicke play quarterback for an entire half. At least it's not raining.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Eagles fans feeling their stomach turn in knots. Foles is struggling against one of the league's worst pass defenses.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I know Foles isn't Wentz, but he could have very easily kept some drives alive by running on short/medium downs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad