NFL GDT: Week 13

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I don't really care what Pats fans think. Boston sports fans are the worst in the world.

I was born and raised in Upstate New York to a family of Bills, Giants and Yankees fans and I live in New England today. My late grandfather, who absolutely bled Giants blue, died less than a year before his beloved Giants upset the 16-0 Patriots in Super Bowl XLII and everyone in my family still believes he had something, somehow, to do with it (I honestly get a bit emotional thinking about this game even today.) As a Leafs fan (back then anyway; haven't watched the NHL in years), I watched the Bruins win the Stanley Cup less than a year after I moved here, not too long after the Kessel trade. I watched the Red Sox win championships and then the Patriots...those goddamn Patriots.

To put it bluntly: I have many more reasons to hate absolutely everything Boston sports than most other people on this site. You know what I don't do? I don't dump on fanbases and I try hard to not make excuses.

Playing in 40-50mph winds is not normal. There is a massive difference between the cold, and the wind. It is important to be able to play in bad weather, sure, but there are very limited occasions where it is virtually impossible to throw the ball or kick field goals in one direction.

The Pats are a good team, great defense, solid offense based on a good running game. Their best wins were against a Derek Henry, Julio Jones, AJ Brown less Titans, and a win against the Bills where they thew 3 passes. They still have lots to prove.

None of this is wrong, and if you would have just said this from the beginning I wouldn't have taken exception to it.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This thread is why everyone hates Pats fans lol.

They were the better team for sure, but you have some saying the bills got whooped (I mean it was objectively a game where a play or two go the Bills way and it would have been a different game), those saying the boogeyman is back, yadda yadda yadda.

This is the type of game that you throw in the trash. Nobody plans for a game where throwing the ball is basically impossible and winning a game under those circumstances doesn't really say you are the far superior team under normal circumstances.
Like I said... DENIAL

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
lol yeah I'm sure we'll see the Patriots throw 3 times a game a bunch for the rest of the year.

f*** outta here.
That what makes it all the much more embarrassing. They abandoned the pass game from the first play on and still won. It's the equivalent of tieing one hand behind your back in a boxing match and still beating the other guy.

How the hell are the Bills going to stop the Patriots when they are two dimensional and throw the ball?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
That what makes it all the much more embarrassing. They abandoned the pass game from the first play on and still won. It's the equivalent of tieing one hand behind your back in a boxing match and still beating the other guy.

How the hell are the Bills going to stop the Patriots when they are two dimensional and throw the ball?
They scored 14 points and had 11 first downs, no need to be hyperbolic.

I would wager that the wind limiting the pass game of the Bills has a larger effect on the Bills than the wind limiting the pass game of the Patriots. The bills are not built to run like the Patriots are, these conditions were definitely in favour of the Patriots.

I was born and raised in Upstate New York to a family of Bills, Giants and Yankees fans and I live in New England today. My late grandfather, who absolutely bled Giants blue, died less than a year before his beloved Giants upset the 16-0 Patriots in Super Bowl XLII and everyone in my family still believes he had something, somehow, to do with it (I honestly get a bit emotional thinking about this game even today.) As a Leafs fan (back then anyway; haven't watched the NHL in years), I watched the Bruins win the Stanley Cup less than a year after I moved here, not too long after the Kessel trade. I watched the Red Sox win championships and then the Patriots...those goddamn Patriots.

To put it bluntly: I have many more reasons to hate absolutely everything Boston sports than most other people on this site. You know what I don't do? I don't dump on fanbases and I try hard to not make excuses.

None of this is wrong, and if you would have just said this from the beginning I wouldn't have taken exception to it.
You are a better person than me. Social media and the internet have ruined Boston fans, and Leaf fans for that matter. Obviously saying they are the worst is a generalization; every fanbase has good and bad and not all of them are the same but the general attitude of Boston fans has to be the most annoying lol.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Bills fans after last nights Prime Time embarrassment :laugh:

5C3CC571-8483-4EF5-966D-A60A167C53B4.gif

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They scored 14 points and had 11 first downs, no need to be hyperbolic.

I would wager that the wind limiting the pass game of the Bills has a larger effect on the Bills than the wind limiting the pass game of the Patriots. The bills are not built to run like the Patriots are, these conditions were definitely in favour of the Patriots.

You are a better person than me. Social media and the internet have ruined Boston fans, and Leaf fans for that matter. Obviously saying they are the worst is a generalization; every fanbase has good and bad and not all of them are the same but the general attitude of Boston fans has to be the most annoying lol.
It's not about the points. It about the fact that the Patriots basically just told them every play what they were going to do and they couldn't stop it. That's a straight up ass kicking.

But again how are they going to stop the Patriots when they go play action? If that game was in a dome, the Patriots would have scored 40 with play action.

Reactions: J T Money

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's not about the points. It about the fact that the Patriots basically just told them every play what they were going to do and they couldn't stop it. That's a straight up ass kicking.

But again how are they going to stop the Patriots when they go play action? If that game was in a dome, the Patriots would have scored 40 with play action.
Except more often than not, they did. Again the Bills had defense had one bad play where Edmunds and Poyer over pursued, and one other bad possession. Outside of their scoring and non half ending drives, the Pats went 3 and out 4 times and gained 18 total yards. Eighteen. They got stopped considerably more often then they didn't. You're simply remembering a game that didn't actually happen for the vast majority of playing time, and frankly it took a confluence of events (drops, a brutal 4th down spot, a missed kick) to cling to the lead the early big play gave you.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Except more often than not, they did. Again the Bills had defense had one bad play where Edmunds and Poyer over pursued, and one other bad possession. Outside of their scoring and non half ending drives, the Pats went 3 and out 4 times and gained 18 total yards. Eighteen. They got stopped considerably more often then they didn't. You're simply remembering a game that didn't actually happen for the vast majority of playing time, and frankly it took a confluence of events (drops, a brutal 4th down spot, a missed kick) to cling to the lead the early big play gave you.

And your ignoring the Bills needing a muffed punt leading to a drive starting on the 10 and an awful penalty call to extend a drive to even get 10 points.

But ya, if you take away all the Patriots good plays they would have lost.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That's not how it works. If I take out 2 fluke plays like the Harry muffed punt and the ridiculous roughing call on Allen, the Bills scored zero points.

The Patriots should have gone 3 and out every drive. They told the Bills they were going run every down. That is a massive advantage for Buffalo, that they Patriots were one dimensional

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
That's not how it works. If I take out 2 fluke plays like the Harry muffed punt and the ridiculous roughing call on Allen, the Bills scored zero points.

The Patriots should have gone 3 and out every drive. They told the Bills they were going run every down. That is a massive advantage for Buffalo, that they Patriots were one dimensional
"Awful penalty call"

Either Allen got the first down because he stayed in long enough, or he was long out of bounds and it was a good call. There was no "extending the drive" on that roughing call. Never mind NE getting away with two other borderline RtP's where they landed on Allen earlier in the game.

I don't know why I'm even bothering with you, you're the worst kind of homer out there. Completely disappear when your team is mediocre, come back to talk shit when they're good again.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The Patriots went into Buffal on Monday and essentially tied one hand behind their own back and still won. Sorry if people find that impressive
While mother nature tied Allen's throwing arm behind his back. That game was such an outlier you can't take much from it other than NE stuck to a good plan and wore down Buffalo's D.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

The world trembles in fear at Jones play action ,obviously thats why he is a MVP frontrunner.
I get winning and wanting to glout ,but your going next level.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That windy game was against another good defense as well.

Mac is great with play-action, I expect them to use it a lot in 3 weeks when these two teams meet again.
So Jones is good at handing off the ball and also pretending to hand off the ball,dude is amazing.

Reactions: danpantz

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
What is it with Bill fans trying to take out positive Patriot plays and call the game a win for Buffalo?

Here’s some thing you might have forgot. The Bills only TD came off a ridiculous muffed punt that hit a face mask by the slightest margin. Buffalo’s FG came from a shit/terrible penalty that had no business being called which extended the drive.

If I am Buffalo fan, here’s what I would be asking instead of trying to omit certain plays. How in the heck was Buffalo built to not be able to handle cold/inclement weather football? Buffalo threw the ball more times than they carried it. How was that winning football in 50 mph winds? How could a defense that knew it was a run every damn play but still allowed 222 yards on the ground?

You know why The Belly carries so many RBs, year after year? Cause he knows Foxboro gets shitty weather from December to January and that’s the time you need to win or go home.

Reactions: Bocephus86

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
What is it with Bill fans trying to take out positive Patriot plays and call the game a win for Buffalo?

Here’s some thing you might have forgot. The Bills only TD came off a ridiculous muffed punt that hit a face mask by the slightest margin. Buffalo’s FG came from a shit/terrible penalty that had no business being called which extended the drive.

If I am Buffalo fan, here’s what I would be asking instead of trying to omit certain plays. How in the heck was Buffalo built to not be able to handle cold/inclement weather football? Buffalo threw the ball more times than they carried it. How was that winning football in 50 mph winds? How could a defense that knew it was a run every damn play but still allowed 222 yards on the ground?

You know why The Belly carries so many RBs, year after year? Cause he knows Foxboro gets shitty weather from December to January and that’s the time you need to win or go home.
Throwing more : I think it was clear throwing was much more favorable in one direction ,the direction NE was going in the 2nd and 4th qtr. Pretty sure why they went for 2 in the first.
NE running and not being stopped: IF you run effectively for a few first downs the D will wear down. Simple as that ,was a good plan ,well executed and stuck to , tip of the hat..

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
"Awful penalty call"

Either Allen got the first down because he stayed in long enough, or he was long out of bounds and it was a good call. There was no "extending the drive" on that roughing call. Never mind NE getting away with two other borderline RtP's where they landed on Allen earlier in the game.

I don't know why I'm even bothering with you, you're the worst kind of homer out there. Completely disappear when your team is mediocre, come back to talk shit when they're good again.
He was inbounds when he got hit. He leap and was still inbounds and hadn't landed. It was a bad call. It happens, but I'm not sure how you can't admit it. Patriots got some calls too. That's how it works.

The amount of denial about there team getting RUN over both literally and figuratively is hilarious. Can't even admit they got one break on a call. I guess I'm not surprised you can't admit anything

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The world trembles in fear at Jones play action ,obviously thats why he is a MVP frontrunner.
I get winning and wanting to glout ,but your going next level.
I think you are underplaying how bad the Bills got run over. 3 passes! They ran every down and still couldn't stop them. That is straight up embarrassing and pathetic and Bills fans are running around here acting like it's no big deal and in fact are trying to marginalize what the Patriots did. They lost to high school style offense

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think you are underplaying how bad the Bills got run over. 3 passes! They ran every down and still couldn't stop them. That is straight up embarrassing and pathetic and Bills fans are running around here acting like it's no big deal and in fact are trying to marginalize what the Patriots did. They lost to high school style offense
Crown thier asses!

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Bills season is done. Book is out that you just need to ram it down their throats and they cant stop you. McDermott seems like he is becoming unglued as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was a game where ball possession was key. Buffalo hasn’t built up a good run game despite knowing that they will get these weather conditions at home, not to mention in NE and sometimes NY come thanksgiving time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad