NFL GDT: Week 13 - Part 2

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And unless I am mistaken, I believe they currently hold the divisional record advantage to boot. :laugh:

They play the Redskins in the final game of the year. Mark it on your calendar folks.

You are not mistaken.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mark my words; that Dallas/Washington game is somehow going to be on SNF.

The Cowboys will either still be in it, or will have a chance to screw Washington out of the division title.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Mark my words; that Dallas/Washington game is somehow going to be on SNF.

The Cowboys will either still be in it, or will have a chance to screw Washington out of the division title.

The Eagles Giants is going to moved if it is possible. They would take that before Dallas/Washington. Plus if 3 of the teams are still in contention, they all have to play at the same time.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The Eagles Giants is going to moved if it is possible. They would take that before Dallas/Washington. Plus if 3 of the teams are still in contention, they all have to play at the same time.

We could also get treated to 15-0 Panthers being flexed in against the Bucs.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

probably gonna be Vikings/Packers or Cards/Seahawks if that matchup matters. Gonna need a couple Cards losses for that 2nd one to matter, but they do play GB and Minnesota so maybe.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
probably gonna be Vikings/Packers or Cards/Seahawks if that matchup matters. Gonna need a couple Cards losses for that 2nd one to matter, but they do play GB and Minnesota so maybe.
You could have a guaranteed play-in game between the Bills/Jets regardless of other week 17 results as well. If Pittsburgh loses to both Cincy and Denver a 10-5 or 9-6 Jets vs 9-6 Bills would be a play in game, and additionally if Houston and Oakland drop one more game before week 17 a 9-6 Jets vs 8-7 Bills would be a play in game.

Sep 19, 2008
The playcalling was outrageously conservative and they didn't do ANYTHING the first half. As I said the first play set the tone for the game. Cousins drops back like 3 steps and immediately gets sacked. I felt he didn't drop back far enough, and from then on it was just difficult to get any offense at that point. They had one positive drive that whole half and it was near the end of the half to tie the game at 3-3. Otherwise stupid holding penalties kept them bottled up, and it's not easy to move the football when you have to make up a whole lot of yardage because of "holding".

One Dallas drive in particular had two dubious calls, the PI where the offensive player literally pushes the defenders down and there is "DPI" and the second one later on the same drive where Bryant and another defender are tangled up but the ball was uncatchable

But most of the blame is on the team. Again, there was this blatant lack of hunger or determination to pound those guys into the ground. In fact, it seemed Dallas came out just as hungry to play spoiler. Dallas played great D and I kept hearing Sean Lee's name from the PA speaker after plays. I remember Dallas' first drive after the futility from the Redskins. Their running back fumbles the ball, and that place goes insane. But the Redskins couldn't do anything with the turnover! They didn't either after the 2 other fumbles either. You have to take advantage of fortuitous situations like that. If they are able to get 7 there it's a different game. The field goal game cost them.

They simply never were able to exert themselves or play with that kind of intensity. They got outcoached out there against record-wise the WORST team in the NFC, missing Tony Romo. It's inexplicable how they lost other than poor preparation, because they looked flat for much of the game. The Bears are good. That'll be a test and if this team has any heart they'd try to take advantage again and keep their hold on the NFC East. But after last night I am not confident anymore. Good teams maintain dominance over a period of time. Good teams are not inconsistent. This team is basically W-L-W-L and so on, with a small streak of L-L.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad