Post-Game Talk: WEEK 13 Chargers 6 Patriots 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sorry, but I'm going to need proof. When a quarterback barely crosses mid field all game and doesn't get his offense into the red zone at all, I have to question your agenda. I get that Jones was bad and threw too many picks, but what we saw yesterday was in no way, shape, or form "better" or less of a "disaster". That was an exercise in futility and one of the worst displays of offense I've seen from any team in my life.
I don't know what to tell you other than watching the game. Zappe was less of a disaster than Mac has been when he literally just throws the ball to the other team routinely. Or you could take Zolak's opinion of the same thing. Or Bert Breer. I have seen plenty of conclusions that Zappe at least didn't piss his pants out there. It's only one game though. Maybe he throws 3 picks on Thursday.

There is a small section of people doing a victory lap....and its really just because they didn't have to watch Jones play. We could get blown out 100-0 every game the rest of the season and they'd still do victory laps because at least Jones isn't the QB.
There is not even a small section of people. There is one poster you guys get up in arms about and then portray it that there is this huge Zappe fan club who thinks he's the greatest QB ever.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Mac Jones has been historically bad. Zappe played a game in bad weather, didnt turn the ball over, made some nice throws, you're the one expecting Dan Marino
He hit at least 4 defensive backs in the hands with throws that were so far offline it was pathetic. He may not have thrown a pick but that wasn’t due to him taking care of the ball. He got lucky.

But again, they never got into the red zone yesterday and the closest they came to scoring would have been a 47 years field goal that Belichick passed on.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Chargers never got into the Red Zone either. They had guys dropping the ball all over the place. I don't know how many drops the Pats had but weather was probably a factor in a 6-0 NFL game. That's a score from the 1920s.

I forget who had the tweet but it was about disaster draft pick Chad Ryland missing every kick in warmups. Belichick is probably petrified of sending him out there.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't know what to tell you other than watching the game. Zappe was less of a disaster than Mac has been when he literally just throws the ball to the other team routinely. Or you could take Zolak's opinion of the same thing. Or Bert Breer. I have seen plenty of conclusions that Zappe at least didn't piss his pants out there. It's only one game though. Maybe he throws 3 picks on Thursday.
That's the issue here though. You're giving me people's opinions and I'm talking about factually what happened in the game. They did shit offensively. They were never a threat to score a point. They failed to advance the ball into the red zone. Since the focus for the offense is to score points, they failed and failed badly. They were held to zero points by the worst defense in the league, and the 6 points the Chargers put up were never at risk of being overcome. That was the easiest 6-0 win by any team because there was virtually no worry or chance that Zappe was going to lead a sustained drive that resulted in points. Zero. Chance.

He was historically inept.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That's the issue here though. You're giving me people's opinions and I'm talking about factually what happened in the game. They did shit offensively. They were never a threat to score a point. They failed to advance the ball into the red zone. Since the focus for the offense is to score points, they failed and failed badly. They were held to zero points by the worst defense in the league, and the 6 points the Chargers put up were never at risk of being overcome. That was the easiest 6-0 win by any team because there was virtually no worry or chance that Zappe was going to lead a sustained drive that resulted in points. Zero. Chance.

He was historically inept.
you've actually ignored every part of the game. Heck I mentioned parker had a yardage high of the year, they lost an RB1 while driving in Q1, a nice throw by zappe dropped and you've ignored them all lol heck it's his 3rd start ever and you ignored that too. Historically bad, did you catch bryce young in perfect weather yesterday in tampa?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad