NCAA GDT: Week 12

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Any chance LSU loses this upcoming game. I put $12.50 on Monroe with a chance to win $400 plus if they win by between 1-6 points. Do I have a prayer?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oregon just failed on 4th down. Utah takes over up 28

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This loss by Oregon won't hurt Ohio State in the least. At worst they'll run up the score against Michigan and whoever they face in the Big 10 Championship game.

This should finally force Cincinnati into the top 4. Even though we all know they will get wrecked, they deserve to be there and that committee is running out of options.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This loss by Oregon won't hurt Ohio State in the least. At worst they'll run up the score against Michigan and whoever they face in the Big 10 Championship game.

This should finally force Cincinnati into the top 4. Even though we all know they will get wrecked, they deserve to be there and that committee is running out of options.

Cincinnati is not only going to be the only team in the top 8 with a win over a team that only has 1 loss, which they did on the road, but they’re going to be the only team with a win over a team that will be ranked in the top 8. Oklahoma State is shutting out a pretty potent Texas Tech team and is almost definitely going to be in position to be the team Cincinnati has to watch out for. They will either have to beat Oklahoma and Baylor, or Oklahoma twice.

Reactions: adsfan and DaveG

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wyoming is bowl eligible after beating favored Utah st last night by 4 td’s on the road. Will likely need to beat Hawaii next week to guarantee one of the mwc bowls, though.

Reactions: DaveG

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com

The committee could still find a way, as ultimately, it still is just an invitational, and the mouse has to make their money back on the money they've paid out.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

You did not see the Peach Bowl on January 1 or you would not post that.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Seems like two teams have established themselves as a tier above everyone, or at the very least, there will be the opportunity to leave absolutely nothing to doubt that they are or aren't by season's end.

That being said, does it really matter who #3 and #4 is? Maybe you throw Cincy in there, deserved or not, to show the integrity of the playoff ranking system knowing they as likely to beat #1 or #2 as any other Top 6/7 team is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Cincinnati
5 Michigan
6 Notre Dame
7 Oklahoma State
8 Baylor
9 Ole Miss
10 Oklahoma
11 Oregon
12 Michigan State

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I guess the only threat to Cincinnati not making the playoffs is Oklahoma state. Does a win over Oklahoma, who the committee had behind Cincinnati, and either Baylor or Oklahoma again move them past Cincinnati who still has to play a ranked Houston? One of Ohio state or Michigan knocks themselves out this weekend. The committee can't put Notre Dame above them can they? If Alabama loses they have to be out. As long as Cincinnati takes care of business they should get in and most likely get the 4 seed to rematch Georgia and the committee hopes the bulldogs crush them so they don't have to put a non P5 team in ever again.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I would worry about Michigan beating Ohio on Sunday. With Ohio moving up to number 2 I could see the committee only dropping them to#4 if its a very close loss & having both in the CFP.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would worry about Michigan beating Ohio on Sunday. With Ohio moving up to number 2 I could see the committee only dropping them to#4 if its a very close loss & having both in the CFP.
Nah, they would be out. Or they would be #5 and be sitting there in case Michigan were to lose to Wisconsin or Iowa. Wisconsin really helps Cincinnati since Notre Dame beat them. Remember, one of Georgia or Alabama has to lose too.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad