NCAA GDT: Week 12

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Let's go Baylor. Make Chip and Joanna proud.

Anddd almost threw away the game there...

AND he does throw it away with an INT. Epic collapse by Baylor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brewer asked for it with the previous throw. Gutting loss for Baylor. Biggest comeback win in Oklahoma history.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
No, they won’t.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I also wouldn't be all that shocked, honestly. I'm guessing it's more than likely in the 30s. It will depend on whether or not Penn State's offense can put together some drives that use up the clock and keep Ohio State's offense off the field.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The least surprising thing of the week was the Iowa upset. Who didn't see that coming?

I'm actually fine with it, but I did find it funny that the fans stormed the field after the win. Don't know if I've ever seen a favorite do that before. But hell, big win.. why not?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Watching Buffalo v Toledo tonite and 2 things show me that Buffalo is well coached and Toledo is not:

1)Buffalo has 3rd and 11 from the Toledo 37. Too far for a FG and too close to kick, so they know they will go for it on 4th down. So on 3rd down they run the ball for 6 yards setting up an easier 4th and 5. They make it and drive for a TD.

2)Toledo is down 12 with 3rd and goal from the 8. The backup QB is in the game and throws and incomplete pass. A FG doesn't do a ton, so they go for it on 4th down and the backup throws another incomplete. They KNEW they were going for it on 4th, so why not run it on 3rd to make the 4th down play easier?

I hate when a team passes on 3rd and medium and then fails again on 4th down.....bad play calling to me.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Watching Buffalo v Toledo tonite and 2 things show me that Buffalo is well coached and Toledo is not:

1)Buffalo has 3rd and 11 from the Toledo 37. Too far for a FG and too close to kick, so they know they will go for it on 4th down. So on 3rd down they run the ball for 6 yards setting up an easier 4th and 5. They make it and drive for a TD.

2)Toledo is down 12 with 3rd and goal from the 8. The backup QB is in the game and throws and incomplete pass. A FG doesn't do a ton, so they go for it on 4th down and the backup throws another incomplete. They KNEW they were going for it on 4th, so why not run it on 3rd to make the 4th down play easier?

I hate when a team passes on 3rd and medium and then fails again on 4th down.....bad play calling to me.

That whole sequence was terrible. On second and third down, they threw fades all the way across the field. And then on fourth down, they threw a crossing pattern towards the sideline, so the wideout was going to run out of bounds anyway and cause a turnover on downs. It was quite ridiculous to watch. Also frustrating considering I had Toledo +9.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

member 157595

That whole sequence was terrible. On second and third down, they threw fades all the way across the field. And then on fourth down, they threw a crossing pattern towards the sideline, so the wideout was going to run out of bounds anyway and cause a turnover on downs. It was quite ridiculous to watch. Also frustrating considering I had Toledo +9.

Am I the only one that can't stand fade routes? I view them as very low percentage plays that require a very difficult sequence of events to succeed.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Am I the only one that can't stand fade routes? I view them as very low percentage plays that require a very difficult sequence of events to succeed.

Absolutely hate them as well. Drive me nuts. I don't mind it as much on like 1st down, but teams do it all the time on 3rd and 4th down... WHY!? Like you said, it's not an easy play to have success on, so I don't see why teams go to it so much when they need to score. I freak out every time I see it.

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

Absolutely hate them as well. Drive me nuts. I don't mind it as much on like 1st down, but teams do it all the time on 3rd and 4th down... WHY!? Like you said, it's not an easy play to have success on, so I don't see why teams go to it so much when they need to score. I freak out every time I see it.

Amen brother. It's one thing if you have a QB with precision and you're throwing to Megatron. It's quite another thing if you're Toledo on their backup QB in a situation where you NEED points.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad