NFL GDT: Week 12 (Happy Thanksgiving)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting that Mike and Cris are openly opining about the state of finishing the season.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The Steelers probably don’t deserve to be 11-0, but they are. No way they finish undefeated
Their remaining schedule isn't too difficult.

Washington, Cincinnati, and Cleveland are all games they should be favoured.

They get Indianapolis at home, and Buffalo on the road.

It is very possible they got 16-0. Their toughest game will probably the Buffalo one.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Interesting that Mike and Cris are openly opining about the state of finishing the season.
Things are starting to really go off the rails with Covid.

It may get even worse, and there are still 9 weeks to go (5 weeks regular season and 4 weeks playoffs).

Reactions: PanthersPens62

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
worst undefeated team in recent memory
They haven't been 2007 Patriots type dominant.

But if you look at their points for/allowed differential, they are actually better than this season's Chiefs. And this year's Chiefs are who everyone in the media talks about like they are the best NFL football team of all-time.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

But if you look at their points for/allowed differential, they are actually better than this season's Chiefs. And this year's Chiefs are who everyone in the media talks about like they are the best NFL football team of all-time.
Next week V Buffalo will or might give people a better look at both teams whom are division leaders.
I don't think Pitt is as good as thier record right now but i figured teams with a stable foundation like Pitt would get off to good starts VS teams with new coaches ect...
Right now im not sure Buffalo is playing at 8-3 record either.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

Maybe because Pittsburgh has the 31st hardest schedule and they don’t look very good while beating on very easy competition. Meanwhile, the Chiefs are still the defending Champs.

If I am a Steeler fan, I don’t feel good about last night.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Buffalo and KC are better teams than Pittsburgh. Vegas, Colts, Titans are on the same level.
Yaa this is just flat out not true.

I agree that KC is better, Buffalo isn't even close, that defense is a sieve. Vegas just got flattened by Atlanta, they're pretenders. Colts are one dimensional. Titans D is bad too, but if they can get it figured out they could be dangerous.

Steelers are definitely going to feel the loss of Dupree and Bush for the season though, that's two key defensive players.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I agree that KC is better, Buffalo isn't even close, that defense is a sieve. Vegas just got flattened by Atlanta, they're pretenders. Colts are one dimensional. Titans D is bad too, but if they can get it figured out they could be dangerous.

Steelers are definitely going to feel the loss of Dupree and Bush for the season though, that's two key defensive players.

Look at the Steelers schedule and how close a lot of their easy wins should be. Heck, they were a bailed out by the refs against the Cowboys with their fourth string QB playing

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Maybe because Pittsburgh has the 31st hardest schedule and they don’t look very good while beating on very easy competition. Meanwhile, the Chiefs are still the defending Champs.

If I am a Steeler fan, I don’t feel good about last night.

they are to one dimensional. Passing 45-55 times a game is not ideal. But inconsistent run blocking has not helped much at all.
If they don’t fix that run defense it is going to be very difficult to get to where they want, the Super Bowl. Then there is the matter of starting slow. Do that in the playoffs and they won’t be around long.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Look at the Steelers schedule and how close a lot of their easy wins should be. Heck, they were a bailed out by the refs against the Cowboys with their fourth string QB playing
The Cowboys game was bad agreed.

The Steelers crushed the Jags/Bengals. Beat 3 playoff teams a total of 4 times (Browns/Titans/Ravens), comfortably beat the Eagles/Texans/Giants.

They've only really played 2 bad games, the Dallas game and this week against the Ravens. I'm willing to toss out this weeks game as an anomaly given the Covid situation.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Told ya. Steelers are not very good, just benefiting from an easy schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad