NFL GDT: Week 11

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Geez the Bears should have just attempted hail marys on every play. Better chance of something good happening.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yep a hip injury excuse wont fly

He was standing and walking on sidelines after Nagy talked to him in ear

He also never went to blue tent

So what does that make Mack then?
If Mack is the supposed leader of this defense, shouldn’t he be stepping up in place of Hicks?

He is not the top 5 elite talent we thought he was

Its disappointing

Also shows how big a bust Floyd is when Mack is double teamed often while he faces single matchups and gets manhandled by backup RB's and TE's at line

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I hate to say it about Mack, but the Raiders had a dogshit defense even when he was on the team. He is a great individual player who will help a team win some games, he will probably be in the Hall of Fame. Regardless of that, Reggie White he is not.

The Bears were kinda hoodwinked into doing something stupid. His best attribute is forcing fumbles and that's quite reliant on one of his teammates falling on the ball. If they won't get pressure then they won't get the ball. He needs some help, but he doesn't even lead the team in sacks which is crazy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I hate to say it about Mack, but the Raiders had a dog**** defense even when he was on the team. He is a great individual player who will help a team win some games, he will probably be in the Hall of Fame. Regardless of that, Reggie White he is not.

The Bears were kinda hoodwinked into doing something stupid. His best attribute is forcing fumbles and that's quite reliant on one of his teammates falling on the ball. If they won't get pressure then they won't get the ball. He needs some help, but he doesn't even lead the team in sacks which is crazy.

Mack had what...2 standout games for the Raiders. The Broncos game where he has 5 sacks and the Panthers game where he took over and single handily won the game on defense.

Like you said, if he has other talent surround him which takes the heat off of him and he can do whatever the f*** he wants but if he’s game planned he can’t do anything.

People trashed Gruden last year for trading him, it’s a complete 180 this year as Mack’s replacements have been playing better.

Id like to add that the London game were we faced the Bears, Mack was all up in the media’s face how he was looking forward to meeting the Raiders. Gruden ran at Mack the whole game where he didn’t have an impact at all...Mack was so salty that he refused to talk to the media after. Ever since then, Mack hasn’t done jack shit...his ego was hurt along side his attitude. Then you have Dan Hampton call him out for calling him a thief for robbing the Bears of millions of dollars for a lack of production...also saying he was no leader.

So if you put Mack in a good situation he’ll do good but if he’s the sole lone thumb in a defense, he’s gonna get the attention. Which I’m sure he’s not comfortable doing...

Also, when he was with Oakland it was Bruce Irvin taking the heat and some of the attention from him.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Mack had what...2 standout games for the Raiders. The Broncos game where he has 5 sacks and the Panthers game where he took over and single handily won the game on defense.

In the Panthers game, he won the game, but when Carr got injured and went to the locker room the team got absolutely bent over.

Like you said, if he has other talent surround him which takes the heat off of him and he can do whatever the **** he wants but if he’s game planned he can’t do anything.

That's the thing about the NFL. There is no defensive lineman that you can't game plan to beat. Executing it on the other hand is a different story. There are however units that a team cannot game plan to beat. The 49ers are a good example. They win because they have four QB killers. They also happen to have guys who can shut down great wide receivers to give them time to get to the QB, that is how you win.

Teams have adapted to the singular defensive game changer. You can chip block, double team, run away from, throw a screen over, roll out, extra offensive lineman, throw quickly at a poor tackling corner...maybe a team won't have good enough players to execute those things, but teams have options now. Video tape and ideas have permeated the game. It also helps that the Bears can't move the ball 10 feet.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Even JJ Watt in his prime got neutralized if a team game planned well for him.

1 elite DLineman can ruin a game but asking way too much to affect the outcome of the game each week. Quick throws, running the ball, screens, chipping with a TE or RB.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wow the stories from Nagy and Mitch about injury dont match at all in press conference

And Mitch kept his head down during most of press conference ,, He never does that

Lie has fallen apart and it is going to create even bigger stir among fans/media

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mitch says he got injured in 2nd qtr and got looked at by medical in halftime

Nagy claims he got hurt in 2nd half and asked him to be honest with them about if he could go

So we are to believe that head coach did not know his QB was being looked at by medical staff during halftime?

God damn this is a laughable disaster

Also he called option play with a QB with a hip injury?

Alex Brown is going off postgame and Briggs , Forte and Kreutz cant hide smirks

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Just popping in to say **** the Bengals I wish I never chose them as my NFL team. It's too late to switch, been a fan for years and years.

Don’t lose hope, my Raiders were garbage beyond garbage for 13 straight years until we got it right, now we are up the upswing.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Jon Gruden is so, so lucky that Josh Jacobs fell into his lap.

he singlehandedly won that London Bears game, he gave them a reason to run at Mack instead of having Carr drop back 40 times, and has basically made them less pass happy and now somehow a stunningly tough team.

this was an all time off-season trainwreck and now they could have sole possession of 1st place in the AFC West by Tuesday if the Chiefs lose at Mexico

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Also Bruce Irvin was taking shots at the Raiders, he was pumping Mack’s tires when the Raiders/Bears game was to be at London.

haven’t heard shit from Irvin since then, Gruden sent his trash ass out of Oakland.

member 157595

Just popping in to say **** the Bengals I wish I never chose them as my NFL team. It's too late to switch, been a fan for years and years.

Like I said to another poster here: You will be broken. Your spirit will be crushed, it's just a matter of time.

I religiously loved the Bengals for over 30 f***ing years (I can close my eyes and see Joe Montana throwing that touchdown pass to John Taylor with 34 seconds left in Super Bowl XXIII like it was yesterday.) I grew up in a family of Giants fans and could have enjoyed multiple Super Bowl wins. Instead...I got this abortion of a team that shits on Paul Brown's legacy on a daily basis.

I couldn't do it anymore and neither should you. The Brown family doesn't care about you or I and never will. That said, I'll never cheer for another NFL team as long as I live; like you said, once you form that bond you're stuck.

Don’t lose hope, my Raiders were garbage beyond garbage for 13 straight years until we got it right, now we are up the upswing.

Meaning no offense, the only NFL fanbases that know pain to the level that Bengals fans do are the Lions and Browns.

The last time the Bengals won a playoff game the Super Nintendo wasn't released in America yet. Let that sink in.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jon Gruden is so, so lucky that Josh Jacobs fell into his lap.

he singlehandedly won that London Bears game, he gave them a reason to run at Mack instead of having Carr drop back 40 times, and has basically made them less pass happy and now somehow a stunningly tough team.

this was an all time off-season trainwreck and now they could have sole possession of 1st place in the AFC West by Tuesday if the Chiefs lose at Mexico

And the people hating on Jon Gruden last year are kissing his ass this year for the job he’s doing. Gruden can still coach in this league, it took him one year to turn it around...plus he has the talent on this team to do wonders.

As a Raiders fan, I hope that Bears pick turns out to be a top 10 one. The Bears are screwed, Mack is taking a chunk out of their cap plus they got no kicker, no TE, no WR help, lack of depth at certain positions.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Tonight's game is basically do-or-die for the Chargers.

If they fall to 4-7, they're cooked.

5-6, they might be viable.

KC OTOH needs this game in a different way- the Raiders could have sole possession of 1st place in the AF C West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad