NCAA GDT: Week 11

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Illinois just fired Mike Thomas, their athletic director.

Freaking finally. Now for the university to somehow land an even less-qualified candidate.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Illinois just fired Mike Thomas, their athletic director.

Freaking finally. Now for the university to somehow land an even less-qualified candidate.

Why is Illinois football so mediocre? Huge state population, with what I'm sure pumps out a good share of high school talent. Do the other BIG TEN schools scoop them up or something? I've always wondered because they're so low key.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Long story short, Illinois' incompetently run, both inside the athletic department and in the university at large.

That's really about it. Plus, they're more concerned about the ongoing state budget crisis than to focus on the intrinsic issues within the athletic department.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Do or die for the U at Chapel Hill on Saturday. I don't like their chances, much as I like how they've played since Golden went buh-bye.

Side note: The Corso Headgear Selection post takes a bye week this week, as I will be returning from a brief vacation Saturday. I know you are all bummed! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Do or die for the U at Chapel Hill on Saturday. I don't like their chances, much as I like how they've played since Golden went buh-bye.

Side note: The Corso Headgear Selection post takes a bye week this week, as I will be returning from a brief vacation Saturday. I know you are all bummed! :sarcasm: :laugh:

I will repost the one from James Madison because it was by far the best one this season :laugh:

grab-2015-10-24-11h08m47s170.png

Sep 19, 2008
justice for those MIZZOU lads man no one should have to be subjected to a hostile environment. The students and faculty were really pissed so he had to go. No way he was keeping his job.

Hopefully the environment will be more conducive to racial discourse and acceptance

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What racial incidents? But if the roles were reversed and about white people you think they'd care? Not to nitpick but I'd suspect the majority of football rosters are black. I mean look at the NFL. With the exclusion of QB most of the top skilled players at the big positions aren't white.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There are too. Its just not newsworthy because in 1950 and before and all that racism was a one way street as we historically know. It goes both ways but nobody cares because there's no historical significance of racism on white individuals. Being a white male every double standard is against you.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I don't know but they get this feeling of empowerment that their voice was heard. Doesn't change though that they are a means to an end. They bring the university $$$$. At days end that's all that matters from the powers perspective.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I still don't know what exactly the president was meant to do about some isolated incidents, half of which could have been hoaxes for all you know.

I mean, if I get robbed somewhere in the U.S., is it Obama's fault because he allowed the "atmosphere" to exist where I could get robbed or is it the robber's fault?

I understand though that some faculty and students at the school were pretty unhappy with him for unrelated administrative reasons and that they kinda jumped on this train to get rid of him.

One thing I learned a long time ago is that in university disputes like that, perspective and nuance go out the window very quickly as these kids and their adult enablers all think they're changing the world by doing sit-ins in the dean's office about what ice cream brand they're selling in the school cafeteria.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I still don't know what exactly the president was meant to do about some isolated incidents, half of which could have been hoaxes for all you know.

I mean, if I get robbed somewhere in the U.S., is it Obama's fault because he allowed the "atmosphere" to exist where I could get robbed or is it the robber's fault?

I understand though that some faculty and students at the school were pretty unhappy with him for unrelated administrative reasons and that they kinda jumped on this train to get rid of him.

One thing I learned a long time ago is that in university disputes like that, perspective and nuance go out the window very quickly as these kids and their adult enablers all think they're changing the world by doing sit-ins in the dean's office about what ice cream brand they're selling in the school cafeteria.

Bingo. People are responsible for their actions. The actions of others aren't the president's fault and chances are he didn't see any of the incidents. So it becomes his word against his word. Hard for the president to form an opinion just on hearsay.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Wasn't the one student who they actually could put a face & name to the action expelled for it?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Back to Football -

Tough game in Starkville for us. I never enjoy going to Mississippi, especially against a team that has had a few extra days to rest and prepare for us.

Scary game in my opininon, but it's not so often that Saban throws up a stinker, so I'm going to say the Tide prevails. 23-14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad