NCAA GDT: Week 11: Super Saturday

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Hell of a game tonight. Burrow should win the Heisman quite easily. Possibly 1st QB taken in the draft as well.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Impressive! You almost got the point total correct.

A true blue blood like Ohio State would've won this.

But I look forward to the continued arrogance and pretending Penn State is anymore than an overrated pretender.

But don't worry. They'll start next year ranked too high like always so you can stick with the same old song and dance.
I’m here. While I thought it’d be a one sided win for PSU, I did say a close game wouldn’t shock me. What did shock me was how bad the defense played.

And a bunch of BS penalties of course, but you all don’t want to hear that.

But hey, they can still beat Ohio St and get a revenge game against them. And there’s just no way that QB would do that to PSU again. Playoff talks aren’t totally over.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Has anyone heard from Rossi Rat? Hopefully he isn't drinking himself to death somewhere.

He should be well used to these disappointments by now. He talks trash every year, Penn State always chokes, (often to teams it should beat) and he has to eat crow. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Penn State is done. They can't play a pathetically weak non-conference schedule every year with no big games and expect to get playoff consideration when they don't win the few big games in conference they have. Penn State's pass defense is awful, and Ohio State is going to beat them worse than the Gophers did. Heck, wouldn't shock me if Indiana beat them next week.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LSU will be #1, but people will talk themselves into Alabama being the best 1-loss team because Tagovailoa needed a half to shake off rust from his ankle injury, and if they played again, like they did 8 years ago, Alabama would win.
I agree that the committee will take any opportunity to put Alabama into the top 4 if any of the other conference winners give him a chance to do so.

Ohio St should still get into the top 4 even with a loss so long as they win the Big 10.
Clemson should go undefeated and win the ACC.

That gives you 2 teams.

Leaves the SEC winner. LSU vs Georgia, if Georgia wins, should put Georgia in. And since LSU beat Bama, they should go in.

Oklahoma is a 1 loss team to Kansas State for the Big 12
Utah & Oregon both have 1 loss for the Pac 12.

If LSU wins out, that ends Georgia.

So if you have 3 teams with 1 loss, 2 of them conference winners, can you take Bama over them?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-lsu-offense-real-minnesota-playoff-contender

Ohio State was a 43-point favorite against Maryland on Saturday, which might've seemed like a lot if you haven't seen Maryland play football lately. For the Buckeyes, it took a little more than a half of football to cover that spread. They led 42-0 at intermission, won 73-14, and for the ninth time in nine games celebrated a win by at least 24 points.

How rare is that feat? According to ESPN Stats & Information research, it's only the seventh time in the AP poll era a team won each of its first nine games by 24 or more -- and the first since Ohio State did it in 1973.

Only one team has ever won each of its first 10 by that margin. That was the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers, a team that won the national championship.

Sep 19, 2008
He should be well used to these disappointments by now. He talks trash every year, Penn State always chokes, (often to teams it should beat) and he has to eat crow. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Penn State is done. They can't play a pathetically weak non-conference schedule every year with no big games and expect to get playoff consideration when they don't win the few big games in conference they have. Penn State's pass defense is awful, and Ohio State is going to beat them worse than the Gophers did. Heck, wouldn't shock me if Indiana beat them next week.
wisconsin does the same thing:sarcasm:

Reactions: Tryamw

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-lsu-offense-real-minnesota-playoff-contender

Ohio State was a 43-point favorite against Maryland on Saturday, which might've seemed like a lot if you haven't seen Maryland play football lately. For the Buckeyes, it took a little more than a half of football to cover that spread. They led 42-0 at intermission, won 73-14, and for the ninth time in nine games celebrated a win by at least 24 points.

How rare is that feat? According to ESPN Stats & Information research, it's only the seventh time in the AP poll era a team won each of its first nine games by 24 or more -- and the first since Ohio State did it in 1973.

Only one team has ever won each of its first 10 by that margin. That was the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers, a team that won the national championship.
Wonder what the line is next week against Rutgers, who are objectively worse.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Guess Oklahoma will be one of the worst 1 loss teams since they barely scraped by Iowa St... (Just using the Clemson precedent.. )

Ohio State beating bad teams badly..

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So if you have 3 teams with 1 loss, 2 of them conference winners, can you take Bama over them?

Yes

If they are the best team of those 3 they should be in the play-off. I thought that was the point of the play-off to have the best teams playing not just teams with cupcake schedules or lesser teams with conference "titles."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad