Post-Game Talk: WEEK 11 - Pats stun the sʇǝɾ with a PUNT RETURN TOUCHDOWN!!!! PATS 10 - sʇǝɾ 3 F

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Lmao I hope this is fake. 😂

Attachments

• 6BA6D17C-64DC-4F4C-A85E-6BC7538F6B80.jpeg
    6BA6D17C-64DC-4F4C-A85E-6BC7538F6B80.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: 13Hockey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

FOXBOROUGH — Instant analysis from the Patriots’ 10-3 win over the Jets:
▪ Marcus Jones’s 84-yard, game-winning touchdown handed the Patriots a victory and kept them in decent shape for the playoffs. But Jones’s dynamic play obfuscates the real story of Sunday’s game:
The Patriots’ offense is totally broken.
It’s hard to pinpoint what’s wrong, because the answer is everything.
Mac Jones isn’t seeing the field? Check.
The offensive line can’t block? Check.
The play-calling is disjointed and predictable? Check.
The receivers aren’t getting open? Check.
The Patriots should have won in a blowout. Zach Wilson was totally overmatched as the Jets had more punts (10) than completions (9). The Patriots had opportunity after opportunity to put the game away in the second half, but couldn’t get out of their own way with sacks and negative plays on offense. The Patriots started one drive in the fourth quarter on their 45-yard line, went three and out, and got booed by the fans as they jogged off the field. A few fans even chanted for Bailey Zappe.

The Patriots are going to get blown out if they don’t make major fixes on offense.

It’s great that the Patriots keep winning, but Jones is regressing. Again, it’s hard not to wonder what the offense would look like right now had Bill Belichick stuck with the hot hand in Zappe. But we’ll never know.

The offensive line deserves plenty of blame, as Jones took six sacks and the run game averaged just 3.8 yards per carry. Take out 52 yards from Damien Harris on two runs, both nice individual efforts, and the Patriots ran for just 47 yards on 24 carries (1.96 average).

• Wow
Reactions: rfournier103

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

FOXBOROUGH — Instant analysis from the Patriots’ 10-3 win over the Jets:
▪ Marcus Jones’s 84-yard, game-winning touchdown handed the Patriots a victory and kept them in decent shape for the playoffs. But Jones’s dynamic play obfuscates the real story of Sunday’s game:
The Patriots’ offense is totally broken.
It’s hard to pinpoint what’s wrong, because the answer is everything.
Mac Jones isn’t seeing the field? Check.
The offensive line can’t block? Check.
The play-calling is disjointed and predictable? Check.
The receivers aren’t getting open? Check.
The Patriots should have won in a blowout. Zach Wilson was totally overmatched as the Jets had more punts (10) than completions (9). The Patriots had opportunity after opportunity to put the game away in the second half, but couldn’t get out of their own way with sacks and negative plays on offense. The Patriots started one drive in the fourth quarter on their 45-yard line, went three and out, and got booed by the fans as they jogged off the field. A few fans even chanted for Bailey Zappe.

The Patriots are going to get blown out if they don’t make major fixes on offense.

It’s great that the Patriots keep winning, but Jones is regressing. Again, it’s hard not to wonder what the offense would look like right now had Bill Belichick stuck with the hot hand in Zappe. But we’ll never know.

The offensive line deserves plenty of blame, as Jones took six sacks and the run game averaged just 3.8 yards per carry. Take out 52 yards from Damien Harris on two runs, both nice individual efforts, and the Patriots ran for just 47 yards on 24 carries (1.96 average).

I never read the Boston Globe anymore. This article is by Trollin Volin who was sniffing Zappe's jock from the first time he saw him.

To GENUINELY think Zappe is the better player is laughable.

Reactions: rfournier103

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think we’re in similar spots to the Steelers. Lost the franchise QB and trying to figure it out without him thru mediocre young QBs and bad playcalling. Relying on defense, their kicker, and their running game to win games. Obviously some differences.

Only problem is we’ve had a two year head start from them and are in a similar spot still, and our franchise QB could still play when we moved on.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
23/27 for 246. 6 sacks.

That's not exceptional by any means...but also not horrific. I don't know enough to know if those were coverage sacks, but only 4 incompletions tells me he was hitting the open man. 9 different guys with a catch too.

He needs protection for sure... He's not good enough to win you games without it. But there's no reason he can't be decent.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
23/27 for 246. 6 sacks.

That's not exceptional by any means...but also not horrific. I don't know enough to know if those were coverage sacks, but only 4 incompletions tells me he was hitting the open man. 9 different guys with a catch too.

He needs protection for sure... He's not good enough to win you games without it. But there's no reason he can't be decent.

Get him a good o-line and good coaching and he'll be okay.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
23/27 for 246. 6 sacks.

A couple of those sacks he definitely held onto the ball for too long but they were mostly the product of a bad line. He’s all sorts of out-of-sync and his internal clock has been thrown off by the bad offensive line

They need an actual offensive coach too

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad