NFL: Week 11 - Part 2

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I can understand the fumble not being looked at since the Bills had to snap the ball, how does the last play of the game not get reviewed when it was really ****ing obvious to begin with?

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
pats have 6 days to fix these o line issues are brady will leave on a stretcher in denver

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I wasn't watching the entire game, but in the last 2 minutes specifically there were 2 calls overturned, that fumble might not have been a fumble(QB looked like he was arguing his arm was going forward), and that last play should have been reviewed and overturned. 3 calls in 2 minutes is really ****ing horrible, regardless of how bad they were before that.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I wasn't watching the entire game, but in the last 2 minutes specifically there were 2 calls overturned, that fumble might not have been a fumble(QB looked like he was arguing his arm was going forward), and that last play should have been reviewed and overturned. 3 calls in 2 minutes is really ****ing horrible, regardless of how bad they were before that.

You missed a play where the refs blew the play dead then a second later the pats made a catch and they ruled it a catch.

No one knows what a catch is in the NFL anymore!

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Surprised that game was close but even in that showed how far these teams are from each other. You don't even have to look at it as what NE did...more like what Buffalo didn't to. 10 men on the field to start a defensive drive? Um, what? Drops...missed FG becomes a TD in a 2 minute drive. Missed tackle on both TD drives. McCoy not catching that TD. McKelvin fumbling on a punt return.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First the refs let time go off the clock when they reviewed whether it was a first down or not, then they screwed up (but corrected) the Watkins catch, and then I believe that same official on the sideline let the clock keep rolling to end the game. What a mess that last drive was. Pats likely win regardless but the Bills should have had one Hail Mary to end the game.

Of course there was the inadvertent whistle earlier and a few other botched calls as well. Tirico said it best at the end, "what a screwed up night of plays and officiating."

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That game was ugly to watch. I'm curious for NE if that was all buffalo or if that offense really could struggle down the stretch. The best it looked was in the 2 minute drill. I've often wondered why struggling offenses don't use the two minute drill more I'm games when they are struggling because it seems like teams struggle to stop it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Down 4 receivers (Lewis, Edelman, Dobson, Amendola) hurt. Broncos game should be a real test, even if they do get back the latter two.

Offensive line could be getting healthier too.

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Can't go backwards to get a time stoppage out of bounds.
If you're not touched, you can. The reason why the clock runs when someone's tackled backwards out of bounds is because the forward progress is given while the ball was still in bounds. In this case, you take the backwards yardage because there was no tackle, and the clock stopped. Flat out a blown call. Unbelievable an NFL ref could miss that, in fact, much less not review it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Surprised that game was close but even in that showed how far these teams are from each other. You don't even have to look at it as what NE did...more like what Buffalo didn't to. 10 men on the field to start a defensive drive? Um, what? Drops...missed FG becomes a TD in a 2 minute drive. Missed tackle on both TD drives. McCoy not catching that TD. McKelvin fumbling on a punt return.
Not sure how losing by 7 despite those mistakes "shows how far away these teams are" :rolleyes:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Not sure how losing by 7 despite those mistakes "shows how far away these teams are" :rolleyes:

Or losing by 7 instead of arguably 21 because of mistakes by the referees? Against a team with literally no o-line and 4 offensive skill players down? :cry:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Or losing by 7 instead of arguably 21 because of mistakes by the referees? Against a team with literally no o-line and 4 offensive skill players down? :cry:
Yeah no. I don't even know what you're talking about on one of the touchdowns, and on the inadvertent whistle Darby just stops when he hears the whistle before the ball is even caught. It still would have been a catch, but Darby likely makes that tackle, probably less downfield than they got with the 15 yard penalty, which only happens because of the whistle.

If we're talking officials, lets not forget the Bills had an early interception and long return taken away because of a holding call no one's even seen yet...and they improperly ended the game on a baffling blown call. The Patriots 2nd TD was also scored when NE brought a substitute half way on the field, meaning the Bills should have been allowed to substitute.

NFL RULE BOOK said:
A player becomes a substitute when he is on the field of play or the end zone when a snap, fair-catch kick, or free kick is made, or when a
snap, fair-catch kick, or free kick is imminent.

Chandler was still on the field when the Patriots were lined up.

Anyway, the score probably ended up about what it should have. The Bills had shots downfield open that they usually hit, and they just plain missed them. I thought their defense did a fantastic job pressuring and frustrating Brady. They just didn't make the offensive plays.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Do the Patriots go 9-7 or do they go 10-6 if they played a full season with 10 players instead of 11? thoughts?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yeah no. I don't even know what you're talking about on one of the touchdowns, and on the inadvertent whistle Darby just stops when he hears the whistle before the ball is even caught. It still would have been a catch, but Darby likely makes that tackle, probably less downfield than they got with the 15 yard penalty, which only happens because of the whistle.

If we're talking officials, lets not forget the Bills had an early interception and long return taken away because of a holding call no one's even seen yet...and they improperly ended the game on a baffling blown call.

The score probably ended up about what it should have. The Bills had shots downfield open that they usually hit, and they just plain missed them. I thought their defense did a fantastic job pressuring and frustrating Brady. They just didn't make the offensive plays.

Pats missed the field goal, giving the Bills great field position to score 7 points of their own on the resulting drive. Amendola had 2 steps on Darby when he stopped playing, likely has at least one at the point of the catch if he keeps playing, and is elusive in those situations. Unlikely the tackle is made.

The key was not allowing a running game to develop. Again, facing a makeshift o-line, that's a lot easier. Buffalo lost a couple of guys (though most returned?) on D throughout the game, though. Still nowhere near the talent loss that Pats had on offence, and Pats still had the edge in just about every statistical category, even with Brady intentionally throwing away a good 6-7 passes where he saw nothing, and another couple where he was hurried. Looked like a 10-0 team against a 5-5 divisional rival that usually plays them hard, pretty much.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Do the Patriots go 9-7 or do they go 10-6 if they played a full season with 10 players instead of 11? thoughts?

Which side of the ball? 10 on defense leaves a guy wide open depending on the position. Offense? Gives you one less weapon. With Brady though and 10 on offense they probably can keep their head above water.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Pats missed the field goal, giving the Bills great field position to score 7 points of their own on the resulting drive. Amendola had 2 steps on Darby when he stopped playing, likely has at least one at the point of the catch if he keeps playing, and is elusive in those situations. Unlikely the tackle is made.

The key was not allowing a running game to develop. Again, facing a makeshift o-line, that's a lot easier. Buffalo lost a couple of guys (though most returned?) on D throughout the game, though. Still nowhere near the talent loss that Pats had on offence, and Pats still had the edge in just about every statistical category, even with Brady intentionally throwing away a good 6-7 passes where he saw nothing, and another couple where he was hurried. Looked like a 10-0 team against a 5-5 divisional rival that usually plays them hard, pretty much.

I simply don't agree that he likely doesn't make the tackle, but we'll never know. Darby is a sure tackler and had an angle on a stopped Amendola when he let up because of the whistle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad