NCAA GDT: Week 10

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Florida took a huge tumble backwards and now the Mullen rumors about him leaving or being fired are heating up. Perhaps he would have been better off staying in Starkville

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Florida took a huge tumble backwards and now the Mullen rumors about him leaving or being fired are heating up. Perhaps he would have been better off staying in Starkville

You hate to see it.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
You hate to see it.

It's like Florida is where coaches go to die lately. And Alabama is where they go for a QC or coordinator position, till the heat blows over.

I can't wait to see the chaos that this weekend brings to the CFP - I expect Cincy to be in, very hard to keep one of the few unbeatens out at this point, and it's not like tOSU or Oregon had blowout wins. (neither did Cincy, but no losses vs 1 loss).

Georgia, Oklahoma, Cincy, then one of Alabama/tOSU/Oregon?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
It's like Florida is where coaches go to die lately. And Alabama is where they go for a QC or coordinator position, till the heat blows over.

I can't wait to see the chaos that this weekend brings to the CFP - I expect Cincy to be in, very hard to keep one of the few unbeatens out at this point, and it's not like tOSU or Oregon had blowout wins. (neither did Cincy, but no losses vs 1 loss).

Georgia, Oklahoma, Cincy, then one of Alabama/tOSU/Oregon?

More like:

Georgia
Alabama
Alabama St
Alabama Tech, if that school exists
Ohio State
Oregon
Oklahoma

Cincinnati

Reactions: J T Money

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why people are shitting on Cincinnati for struggling with Tulsa? Tulsa gave both Oklahoma state and Ohio state the same problems earlier in the year. They have a better best win than Alabama #12 Mississippi or Ohio State # 23 Penn state. If they run the table and get jumped the CFP should be disbanded which it should have when they left UCF out years ago.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Not sure why people are shitting on Cincinnati for struggling with Tulsa? Tulsa gave both Oklahoma state and Ohio state the same problems earlier in the year. They have a better best win than Alabama #12 Mississippi or Ohio State # 23 Penn state. If they run the table and get jumped the CFP should be disbanded which it should have when they left UCF out years ago.
I don't know why anyone is surprised. The CFP committee is all about preserving P5 teams, otherwise a G5 team would have already made it at least once. A lot of P5 commissioners and ADs are complicit as well since the only reason they don't want to expand the playoffs is because they feel it will help the SEC even more. This is exactly why the FBS should adopt the FCS model but even then everyone complains about how it "cheapens the regular season" as if the status quo is somehow preferable. I am glad NCAA basketball adopted their format long ago because it would be the same thing for them as it is in college football with all the moronic ADs these days.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I don't know why anyone is surprised. The CFP committee is all about preserving P5 teams, otherwise a G5 team would have already made it at least once. A lot of P5 commissioners and ADs are complicit as well since the only reason they don't want to expand the playoffs is because they feel it will help the SEC even more. This is exactly why the FBS should adopt the FCS model but even then everyone complains about how it "cheapens the regular season" as if the status quo is somehow preferable. I am glad NCAA basketball adopted their format long ago because it would be the same thing for them as it is in college football with all the moronic ADs these days.

Sadly, too much money at stake. I think the BCS was supposed to fix or improve things and it wound up being the same.

However, as a fan, I'm getting burned out by all the money thrown around, too many bowl games, too many games period, too many "powerhouse" teams playing it safe, cherrypicking their schedules, more home dates, and the P5 preventing another Boise State.

And as this season rolls on, I should quit being so harsh on Cincy too - the lack of consistency from some of the other ranked teams is interesting on one hand, but on the other, I can't figure out who is actually good. If team chaos is the one true path, toss UTEP a bone too.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Rumours swirling Baton Rouge going to make an insane offer for Lincoln Riley. He should take it. It's a better job.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Stewart Mandel @slmandel
32s
They're making sure to keep Oregon above Ohio State for a game that took place two months ago, but Michigan State-Michigan already didn't happen. Fortunately it really doesn't matter, both still play OSU.

So, in theory, there is a one loss Big Ten team by seasons end out of the MU, MSU and OSU group (presuming they win all their other games including the Big Ten championship). If this team is MSU, do they get in?

Cannot imagine a 2 loss Big Team gets in over an unbeaten Cincinnati or Okla.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, in theory, there is a one loss Big Ten team by seasons end out of the MU, MSU and OSU group (presuming they win all their other games including the Big Ten championship). If this team is MSU, do they get in?

Cannot imagine a 2 loss Big Team gets in over an unbeaten Cincinnati or Okla.
A 2-loss team has never gotten in, I don’t see why it should happen now unless there isn’t enough 1-loss teams. Something that works against Oklahoma is almost every time they’ve gotten in they got creamed.

Sep 19, 2008
Viral video of bo Davis freaking out on bus dropping profanities at student athletes. And he's not wrong.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
A 2-loss team has never gotten in, I don’t see why it should happen now unless there isn’t enough 1-loss teams. Something that works against Oklahoma is almost every time they’ve gotten in they got creamed.

Could only see Bama getting in with two losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad