Week 10: The return of EJ. Flamers, Sabers, and @Jet...ters... err... supthin'

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Game was on Altitude as well, so TNT gets blacked out.
That seems backwards to me. TNT paid a hell of a lot of money for exclusive rights. Same as ESPN. You'd think those broadcasts would be the ones that air and the smaller outfits would be the ones blacked out.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Looking at stats I just realized the Avs are tied for 1st with the Canucks in GF 5v5 with 69 goals. I had no idea we were scoring that much 5v5.

On the flip side we are only 21st in GA 5v5 with 59. I wonder how many of those were in the last 2 minutes of periods and how many are in the 2nd periods.

Reactions: Foppa2118

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Looking at stats I just realized the Avs are tied for 1st with the Canucks in GF 5v5 with 69 goals. I had no idea we were scoring that much 5v5.

On the flip side we are only 21st in GA 5v5 with 59. I wonder how many of those were in the last 2 minutes of periods and how many are in the 2nd periods.
This is where humanity is going to benefit the most from AI. We're not too far from being able to ask a chat bot that question and probably get the right answer.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Wow, but it just proves that a normal learning curve doesn't fit everyone. Malinski is just coming to life when Makar is in his prime.
Malinski graduated from college last year, he played out his full eligibility and was Captain at Cornell. Spent some time in Loveland late last season, and a couple of months this year, and has 7 NHL games under his belt.

He's not at Makar's level talent wise, but he is trending nicely in this call-up as a 3rd pair RD. Sam's a right shot, giving us Makar- Manson - Malinski down the right side on D- the 3 M's.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

This hit was a direct result of the Sabres taking runs at Cale. They basically got Skinner injured by taking runs at the Avs star player.

Cale missed the last 5-6 minutes of the 1st, likely with his ongoing hip issues, and then didn’t look quite right after coming back in the 2nd. Buffalo saw it too. They took two big runs at him afterwards, including Dahlin going low with a hip check.

That’s why Nate demolished Skinner seconds after Dahlin’s attempted hit and Wood took his penalty defending Cale. That's not a normal play for Nate. He usually has to be motivated somehow to do that.

He did similar a game or two ago as well when the other team started finishing their checks hard. That's Nate's leadership and competitiveness on full display. He doesn't like his team and it's stars being pushed around.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

This hit was a direct result of the Sabres taking runs at Cale. They basically got Skinner injured by taking runs at the Avs star player.

Cale missed the last 5-6 minutes of the 1st, likely with his ongoing hip issues, and then didn’t look quite right after coming back in the 2nd. Buffalo saw it too. They took two big runs at him afterwards, including Dahlin going low with a hip check.

That’s why Nate demolished Skinner seconds after Dahlin’s attempted hit and Wood took his penalty defending Cale. That's not a normal play for Nate. He usually has to be motivated somehow to do that.

He did similar a game or two ago as well when the other team started finishing their checks hard. That's Nate's leadership and competitiveness on full display. He doesn't like his team and it's stars being pushed around.

He doesnt do it often but when he does it always gets a cheer out of me. Ditto Mikko when he did it to the Ducks last season I think it was.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Like I've always advocated for: sit Makar until he is 100%. Obviously, Makar and the coaching staff think differently.

After the Jets game we've got the Sharks, Blackhawks, Senators, and b2b with Arizona. I would sit him for all 5 of those games.
Makar clearly needs a surgery to be 100% which they should've done last offseason and they clearly won't do in season. Dumb.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm a little surprised that something is still bothering Josh. His play has really picked up as of late and he was starting to play like our 22 playoff Manson.

Hopefully the extra rest is enough to keep him going because when he plays like this, the Avs are a much better team.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

They said this on TNT after the hit, MacK is unique as a superstar forward in this league. No one has the full-package that he has. There are better players (some guy in Edm allegedly) but no one else in the league does what he does as a forward. Makar is the full-package too. We're so f***ing blessed as Avs fans. #stopthehate

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Landy's daughter looks like she loves her uncle EJ 💕

L4OLv1f.jpeg

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
HFBoards needs a cry reaction
When hfboards moved to these newer boards for the first few hours we had a cry reaction and a mad reaction:

zWME87d.png

Super useful of course. Really sucks that they got rid of them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, but you know the cry reaction would just be used to f*** with people, even more than how some use the laugh reaction. It'd just turn into a troll fest.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad