Week 10: The return of EJ. Flamers, Sabers, and @Jet...ters... err... supthin'

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Peter Baugh
https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh
@Peter_Baugh

In this story, Valeri Nichushkin mentions he still has pins in his foot and feels occasional pain from his Stanley Cup Final injury
Since we can no longer see embedded tweets, I'll just copy the text in the tweets.

Nichushkin recently missed two games with an illness but has otherwise been healthy enough to play every game this season. He still, though, has occasional foot pain as a result of his injury in the Stanley Cup Final. That was especially the case during training camp.

“I have nine or 10 pins (in the foot),” he said, adding that some doctors said he could take them out while others recommended waiting to do so. “Especially with preseason, extra skating, we spend a lot of time on the ice, that was probably a little bit more pressure (on the foot), because now it feels better. It still bothers me a little bit, but it’s all right to play.”

He added he will probably have the pins removed after the 2023-24 season ends.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I’m obviously speculating but the way Bednar is talking makes me think there’s a move coming here in the next few days.

At the end of this video that Cousin Eddie posted, Bednar says that Meyers will play on the second line tonight. Our 3rd line meshes so well, so I get not trying to mess with it, but oof. We need some top 6 help soon.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
At the end of this video that Cousin Eddie posted, Bednar says that Meyers will play on the second line tonight. Our 3rd line meshes so well, so I get not trying to mess with it, but oof. We need some top 6 help soon.

Yikes. Meyers top 6 is not good. I really hope CMac is cooking something up because we need some help up front.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Since we can no longer see embedded tweets, I'll just copy the text in the tweets.

No pin Nuke going to be a problem for the NHL.

Good for Prosvetov, he’s earned the start. Hopefully George can get some confidence going tomorrow against San Jose.
For George sake I hope he wins tomorrow and looks good doing so.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yikes. Meyers top 6 is not good. I really hope CMac is cooking something up because we need some help up front.
Honestly, we have defensemen I'd like to see tried on the second the line before Meyers, and I've actually been a supporter of Ben's since he his little cup of coffee with us after he initially signed.

Although putting Byram, Manson, Malinski or JMFJ on the second line would be equivalent to Gordon lighting the Bat-Lamp, it would be funny for a few shifts. I'm sure the second line will see a number of players rotate through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad