Nevada beat Cal
Utah St beat Washington

interesting 1st week

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
@Big McLargehuge Montana shocking Washington at the moment

Shocking...hopefully signaling a return of sorts for a UM program that's been scuttling since Hauck left for a bigger chance. Scuttling by UM standards, at least, this is Hauck's team again and a pre-season #9 in the FCS is hardly the same as Idaho State doing the same thing, but still. Griz fans'll really love this one after the between-Hauck eras employing the kind of offensive systems that lead to a school like Montana getting destroyed by more athletic teams, which Washington undoubtedly is.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How does Clemson with their success over the past 5 seasons with Watson and Lawrence not reload each year? How do they end up with such a weak OL and weak at the skill positions? Bama has 1st round calibre WR each season.

Sep 19, 2008
This one is tough.

FSU is pretty unlikable but ND is overrated year after year.

Seeing ND lose in FSU would be hilarious especially with FSU still in a "rebuilding" state.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
UC Davis beat Tulsa
Eastern Washington beat UNLV
Charlotte beat Duke
South Dakota St beat Colorado St
Montana beat Washington
Holy Cross beat UConn
UTSA beat Illinois
Northern Illinois beat Georgia Tech
East Tennessee beat Vanderbilt
Nevada beat Cal
Utah St beat Washington

interesting 1st week

Just now noticing that Vandy got worked at home by East Tennessee, holy crap :laugh:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Notre Dame's QB looks great with no pressure but him under duress and he can't make a play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
FSU too many turnovers.

I do miss seeing the Florida schools at the top of football. Decade for Florida since Tebow left. Miami, not since Butch Davis and Crocker at the helm at the beginning of the millennium. FSU think they were the most recent one to be in the playoff.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
FSU too many turnovers.

I do miss seeing the Florida schools at the top of football. Decade for Florida since Tebow left. Miami, not since Butch Davis and Crocker at the helm at the beginning of the millennium. FSU think they were the most recent one to be in the playoff.

After this week, Ohio will be the only state with 2 teams in the top 10, I wish they had a good 3rd team to go with tOSU and Cincinnati.

Reactions: End of Line

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brian Kelly trying to be pissed and funny at the same time but was just dumb and awkward instead trying to quote John McKay from 45 years ago.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
FSU too many turnovers.

I'm pretty sure you're correct.

FSU won the last NC in the BCS era, in Jameis Winston's freshman year. They were in the playoff next year by being undefeated going in, but they really weren't one of the 4 best teams that year and the results bore that out when they got pummeled by Marcus Mariota's Oregon Ducks. OSU then ran the football down Oregon's throats in the NC and some morons in the sports media business actually thought Cardale Jones should leave for the NFL because apparently it is easy to confuse Cardale Jones with Zeke Elliott.

That 2001 Miami team was still the best NCAA team any of the Florida schools ever had. The 1999 FSU team went wire-to-wire but they would have lost to the 2001 Hurricanes, and so would have any of the Tebow teams (though he was a beast at UF.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad