NFL GDT: Week 1

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It might eventually end up there. League wants to sell 100 anniversary swag.

They're just getting around to selling the jerseys with the 100 on the collar.

100 on the collar? That's it?

A huge letdown compared to the 75th anniversary jerseys with the big noticeable patch

13020310421150.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Happy for the Raiders because **** the Broncos, but I like Gruden and Mayock.

I respect Mayock after how he handled for Brown fiasco.

He wasn't perfect, but for a guy who only now became an executive, he did a really good job. Guys like that usually roll over for star players. But Mayock held his ground and held AB accountable and made sure he'd be just like everyone else.

I've always liked Gruden too. His infectious enthusiasm for the game when he was in the booth for ESPN is still sorely missed, especially considering his replacement is literally named Booger.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Very curious to see if the NFL has issues like the CFL this year with quarterbacks. Somehow all except one of the starters have gone down this year.

The joke was whoever's qb stays healthy probably can win this year. Unfortunately the team with the one qb that hasn't gone down is probably the worse team in the league.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Very curious to see if the NFL has issues like the CFL this year with quarterbacks. Somehow all except one of the starters have gone down this year.

The joke was whoever's qb stays healthy probably can win this year. Unfortunately the team with the one qb that hasn't gone down is probably the worse team in the league.

the last QB standing has also taken the most punishment by far. It doesn't make sense he's somehow the only guy to be injury free lol

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Had the CFL implemented many of the same rules as the NFL when it comes to protecting QBs?

The biggest one they recently did was the rule about driving QBs into the ground after a number of collarbone breaks.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lol this turned the Raiders into a really easy team to cheer for. They've always been that outcast/underdog, but the villain cloud seemed to prevent any goodwill from casual fans. This whole fiasco seems to have flipped that.

Reactions: Bocephus86

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
the last QB standing has also taken the most punishment by far. It doesn't make sense he's somehow the only guy to be injury free lol
That's the funny part of it all.
Had the CFL implemented many of the same rules as the NFL when it comes to protecting QBs?

The biggest one they recently did was the rule about driving QBs into the ground after a number of collarbone breaks.

I think for the most part they protect them quite well. Our QB went down with a pretty stupid injury though. Handing the ball off:(

It's just a bit interesting from the NFL standpoint how many guys weren't really playing in pre-season. Wonder if guys that aren't up to speed get hurt as they didn't play in pre-season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jacobs looked really good last night in his debut. Williams and Waller did as well.

It's only one game but I liked what I saw from the Raiders. Too bad Brown messed that whole situation up because his presence there could've elevated those guys even more once teams had to double him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
it's a nice feeling to have completely given up on the season 1/4 into the first game. Atlanta looks so bad. It'll be nice just worrying about gambling and fantasy and watching other good games. Don't even have to worry about Atlanta, I will have a new coach next year, everything's gonna be different but the windows closed they're done

. 28 to 3.

I HATE THIS TEAM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad