Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I didn't get to go, I secured the tickets on a Bucs fan site but my multiple attempts at paying through google pay, cash app, and pay pal fell through, my brother said i dodged a bullet.
Maybe another sign from the universe. Either way I did feel bad about writing that post. As someone that doesn't get to go to a lot of sporting events, it sucks if you get a terrible game.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Maybe another sign from the universe. Either way I did feel bad about writing that post. As someone that doesn't get to go to a lot of sporting events, it sucks if you get a terrible game.

They get the chiefs in a few weeks here, I'm living down here I think for good now so I'm going to get tickets to that game and I have a few weeks to secure them

Last edited:

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Belichick was mostly a fan on the sidelines watching Brady put up record numbers ( a bit of hyperbole) but his D did fail in 07 and 12 on the last drives when it mattered most against the Giants
The fan boy takes outta you two are getting absolutely out of control at this point.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What a mess Brady was against NO. His worst game ever. TB has to put up with him for 2 more years unless they buy him out.

Huh? Buyout talk after one bad game?

And just so I am being fair, if Belichick is coach with that roster, no chance in hell they lose 38-3 at home.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Belichick was mostly a fan on the sidelines watching Brady put up record numbers ( a bit of hyperbole) but his D did fail in 07 and 12 on the last drives when it mattered most against the Giants
Right, but those teams were built offense first. BB put more emphasis on the offense those years. The offenss carried them all season. You cant blame the defense because the offense couldnt score enough. Those teams were built out score there opponents and they scored 14 and 17 pts in those SBs they lost

At the end of the day, for the most part, they won the SBs when they were defense heavy and lost the ones where they were offensw heavy.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Not that it should be a surprise at this point, but it's official now: no fans in Gillette the rest of this season.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I wouldn't pay that money to go in person at their peak dynasty level, nevermind now. The at home viewing experience is so much better IMO.

Reactions: CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I mean you’re gonna have playoff losses over 20 years, not all of them are going to be Johnny Unitas.

it’s pretty disingenuous to argue against both Brady and Belichick imo. Can’t believe people are still having this discussion. Don’t know why it’s so hard to admit they are both incredible at what they do and that’s what it took to have unparalleled success

Belichick had a greater responsibility than Brady. Brady was just the QB. Belichick had many hats and therefore made Brady better than he was.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You really have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe this is the only game you've seen Brady play this year.

I never thought Brady was smarter than Bill Belichick or Josh McDaniels. I have watched every game that Brady was QB since selected in the draft by the Pats. I have seen him with TB at least 3 times.

Reactions: EvilDead

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching Spring League on FS1, never heard of it. Aviators vs. Conquerors.

Only name I recognize is Jerry Glanville- he is HC of the Conquerors.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Was just out a few minutes ago and heard a clip on the Sports Hub from Newton. Not sure who the interviewer was, but he asked why the offense has been struggling lately, and Newton flat out put it on the scheme. Said he makes a call on the field and the defense reacts and stuffs it. So the interviewer followed it up by asking if the other team's defense was calling out their plays, and Newton said they were.

Overall, I think this is pretty f***ing gutless by him. You don't hang it on someone else as the QB. You eat that shit sandwich and say you need to work on things, improve your accuracy, execute better, and be better overall. You don't blame the OC and say the scheme stinks. The scheme is one dimensional because you're a limited QB. They can only do so many things with a run first, second, and third QB that struggles with accuracy on any short and long throws. His intermediate throws are his best, and even then, it's not very effective.

If I were McDaniels, I'd be pissed. If I were BB, I'd realize that him passing the buck earlier this year has enabled his QB to do the same now.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Was just out a few minutes ago and heard a clip on the Sports Hub from Newton. Not sure who the interviewer was, but he asked why the offense has been struggling lately, and Newton flat out put it on the scheme. Said he makes a call on the field and the defense reacts and stuffs it. So the interviewer followed it up by asking if the other team's defense was calling out their plays, and Newton said they were.

Overall, I think this is pretty f***ing gutless by him. You don't hang it on someone else as the QB. You eat that shit sandwich and say you need to work on things, improve your accuracy, execute better, and be better overall. You don't blame the OC and say the scheme stinks. The scheme is one dimensional because you're a limited QB. They can only do so many things with a run first, second, and third QB that struggles with accuracy on any short and long throws. His intermediate throws are his best, and even then, it's not very effective.

If I were McDaniels, I'd be pissed. If I were BB, I'd realize that him passing the buck earlier this year has enabled his QB to do the same now.
That just didn’t happen. It was Lamar Jackson who made that statement, not cam Newton. Jackson said it a few days ago. I know you hate Newton and all, but you have it wrong here.
Ravens OC: Lamar's D talk part of 'nothing new'

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That just didn’t happen. It was Lamar Jackson who made that statement, not cam Newton. Jackson said it a few days ago. I know you hate Newton and all, but you have it wrong here.
Ravens OC: Lamar's D talk part of 'nothing new'

Well that's what I get for starting to listen halfway through the interview. If I were Harbaugh, I'd be super pissed. Maybe this creates a chance for the Pats this week? Still have to go Ravens pretty heavily, but maybe a glimmer?

I don't hate Newton at all. Was a big fan of his in college, actually. I just think he's one dimensional at this level and isn't accurate enough throwing the ball. I also find run first teams to be pretty boring to watch since I grew up with the NFL being RB dominant in the 70s through the 90s. I prefer the passing game, it's just more exciting to watch IMO, instead of throwback running back dominant game plans.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Well that's what I get for starting to listen halfway through the interview. If I were Harbaugh, I'd be super pissed. Maybe this creates a chance for the Pats this week? Still have to go Ravens pretty heavily, but maybe a glimmer?

I don't hate Newton at all. Was a big fan of his in college, actually. I just think he's one dimensional at this level and isn't accurate enough throwing the ball. I also find run first teams to be pretty boring to watch since I grew up with the NFL being RB dominant in the 70s through the 90s. I prefer the passing game, it's just more exciting to watch IMO, instead of throwback running back dominant game plans.

I mean if he was slamming McDaniels I wouldn’t hate it

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lame answer from Bill today when Curran asked him about recent drafts. "We're not going to apologize for the last 20 years".

Nobody asked you to Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad