Waived: Weber waived; Cleared, off to Utica (Feb 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
He's had a terrible season so I'm not surprised. Was hoping he could carry over some momentum from last year but he didn't.

Clendening got claimed so you never know he might as well. Must mean Hamhuis is good to go which is great news.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah nobody is going to claim him.

They'll have to send him down to Utica after he clears right?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
He will get claimed for sure .. this means no pick at the deadline when teams are desperate for any type of defenceman..... Adam Cracknell who is 30 years old would have been able to sneak down for sure. Terrible asset management. all this does if he gets claimed is save $461,540 in actual money that would be save to add the profits at Canuck Sport & Entertainment.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Had to waive somebody due to the 23 man roster limit. It was between Weber and Cracknell. Can't say I'm surprised. Would love it for Utica if he clears.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He will get claimed for sure .. this means no pick at the deadline when teams are desperate for any type of defenceman..... Adam Cracknell who is 30 years old would have been able to sneak down for sure. Terrible asset management. all this does if he gets claimed is save $461,540 in actual money that would be save to add the profits at Canuck Sport & Entertainment.

Would be funny if someone claims him and flips him for a pick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Worse dman ive ever seen the canucks ice

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The trend continues. Canucks forced to give away lousy depth for free while paying assets to acquire same quality lousy depth to play instead.

Weber wasn't very good but always better than Bartkowski and Sbisa.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Slowly righting his wrongs. But I wish somebody would be stupid enough to actually offer assets for the Prusts and the Webers of the world.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He's had a terrible season so I'm not surprised. Was hoping he could carry over some momentum from last year but he didn't.

Clendening got claimed so you never know he might as well. Must mean Hamhuis is good to go which is great news.

Agreed with all of this.

Bad player who had a great run last year, and then regressed back to the norm this year.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
When you have depth as amazing as the Canucks', sometimes you need to make tough decisions. :laugh:

But yeah, this was pretty much a given. The only way they're getting Hamhuis back in the lineup is to waive someone and the team clearly chose Bartkowski over Weber.

Pretty amazing that if he clears the Canucks could be a cap spending team in the NHL that has $6.5M in buried contracts in the AHL and still be one of the worst teams in the league. Awesome value ownership is getting for their money.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Pretty amazing that if he clears the Canucks could be a cap spending team in the NHL that has $6.5M in buried contracts in the AHL and still be one of the worst teams in the league. Awesome value ownership is getting for their money.

Those damn Gillis contracts! :sarcasm:

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
He'll get claimed. A depth d-man in a d-starved league with 11 goals last year - yeah, he'll get claimed.

Frustrating not to at least get a late-round pick out of it though. Have to wonder if the accumulation of poor-value deals is starting to have a day-to-day effect with any GM that calls JB, now.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
not surprising. They need the roster spot and he's probably 10th or 11th on the depth chart. Pedan or Fedun might be better options right now.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
He'll get claimed. A depth d-man in a d-starved league with 11 goals last year - yeah, he'll get claimed.

Frustrating not to at least get a late-round pick out of it though. Have to wonder if the accumulation of poor-value deals is starting to have a day-to-day effect with any GM that calls JB, now.

I agree. I think he will claimed as well. Dmen are always a valuable commodity, especially around this time of the year.

Yes, he's had a bad season but no team was willing to pay a 6th round draft pick for a guy who scored 11 times last season? I dont know.

Cracknell would have been a smarter choice. He wouldnt have gotten claimed.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, not a big deal at all, I would rather waive Bart, but it's not like Weber is some huge upgrade here.

Also, are we going to have any young kids still playing in Utica? or will it just be a team filled with Canuck Vets by season end?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree. I think he will claimed as well. Dmen are always a valuable commodity, especially around this time of the year.

Yes, he's had a bad season but no team was willing to pay a 6th round draft pick for a guy who scored 11 times last season? I dont know.

Cracknell would have been a smarter choice. He wouldnt have gotten claimed.

If a team was willing to give up a draft pick, he would be traded. Not much more to it then that.

And if we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Not every warm body is an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad