Weber & Letang: Who had the better career?

Who had the better career?

• Total voters

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Weber was better defensively and Letang offensively. Who had the better career?

I don't know about this, I would give Weber the edge in both categories especially because his shot is such a weapon in particular on the PP. Letang has superior mobility, speed, and perhaps playmaking ability but is notorious for his ability to go braindead in the offensive zone for no particular reason. Letang can chase down a puck carrier like few I've ever seen, he's got a pretty crazy extra gear he can get in to if he's in pursuit.

Better overall career: Weber
Better playoff career: Letang

I think Weber deserved a Norris more for the year he was nominated and Lidstrom won. I also think that the Letang deserved the Conn Smythe in 2016 waaay more than Crosby. I firmly believe that both Lidstrom and Crosby won those awards in those specific years based on reputation.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I would perhaps rather have Letang’s career, because winning the Cup must be the greatest feeling in hockey.

It may not be applicable to this discussion but being a key defenseman in two Olympic gold medal wins, one in particular when you win it for Canada in Canada, could argued to be equivalent to Letang's cup wins.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I mean Weber was used as the #1 d for both Olympics he played. Letang wasn't invited.

Weber better player, Letang better career.
I kind of have to go with this. For whatever reason he was never seen as being in the top level of dmen to get invite to the Olympics. Weber played on teams that where nowhere near as stacked, especially offensively, as Letang has had in Pitt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad