Weavers on IR Dylan Olsen coming up

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I think you guys may be surprised by Olsen. Good stay at home d-man that "should" make Timmy's life a bit easier. Word from Chicago is that he was a real standout at training camp, but there just wasn't a spot for him on that stacked roster.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think you guys may be surprised by Olsen. Good stay at home d-man that "should" make Timmy's life a bit easier. Word from Chicago is that he was a real standout at training camp, but there just wasn't a spot for him on that stacked roster.

Agreed, I think too many are writing off Hayes too. I like what I've seen from him. He doesn't have great hands, but he's big, can skate, hits, and with that size can develop into a really good forechecker and prescence in front of the net. You could do worse as a 4th liner/extra. Just because Chicago fans didn't care for them, doesn't mean they can't be decent players. Those fans are just spoiled.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Agreed, I think too many are writing off Hayes too. I like what I've seen from him. He doesn't have great hands, but he's big, can skate, hits, and with that size can develop into a really good forechecker and prescence in front of the net. You could do worse as a 4th liner/extra. Just because Chicago fans didn't care for them, doesn't mean they can't be decent players. Those fans are just spoiled.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Hayes, tho I guess I'm also guilty of liking what Skille and Mueller brought too.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Hayes, tho I guess I'm also guilty of liking what Skille and Mueller brought too.

I liked Skille too. He didn't turn out like we expected, but he hit, brought a ton of energy, and drew a lot of penalties. Mueller was fine as a stopgap, which is what that signing was supposed to be.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Skille was a hard worker just didn't have the tools. He was serviceable. Mueller was good but replaceable.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
olsen looked very solid his first game. we'll have to see how he progresses. so far looks like the better player for us in the trade.

LandofLincoln*

Olsen has good size and plays more of a shutdown role. His skating is good enough to contribute to the offense and get a fair share of assists. He isn't going to carry the puck like Campbell, but I think he can get the Panthers 20A this season. He is more of an at home defenseman, but because skating is not a liability he can move the puck adequately. His upside is that he could become a steady #4 defenseman and plays physical.

Olsen is a better than average hitter and has good size. He is not the best fighter. He isn't a horrible fighter either. Expect one to two fights a season where he sticks up for a teammate. You're not going to catch him starting fights. I think he is capable of putting up 30Pts a season next year and building from there. He has a hard shot, but it needs considerable amount of work before he gets power play time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad