Weavers on IR Dylan Olsen coming up

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Like I said in the other thread, it feels like Tallon is trying to display the "talent" he got for Versteeg.

I don't know what Olsen has done in 3 games to deserve a call-up more than Petrovic. Maybe they're just really taking their time with him, but if he's earned it, he deserves it.

Hayes looks like **** so maybe Tallon is hoping Olsen will help fool the common fan about the trade.

I'd much rather have someone who is supposed to play in our future top 6 up here than some career AHLer.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Weaver must've had something really nasty.

Not calling up Petro is the wrong move here. Olsen doesn't look like more than Robak IMO. I'm interested to see the reasoning on this and I hope we are not going on another Tallon reclamation project like Skille.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Imo I think Not calling up Petrovic could be to keep San Antonio competitive.
Olsen is older, and I guess we'll see if he can stick around

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I may be the minority but I don't mind not calling up Petro. My dream scenario is to have Petro, Trocheck, etc. stay down in SA and have them make the playoffs. Then hopefully make a deep run.

But who knows, if Tallon does clean house a little bit, Petro could see a call-up anyway.

-ghoste

Jan 19, 2006
Mindset is probably that Olson will not really get more out of AHL playing time, whereas Petrovic (higher ceiling) will.

I know some of you disagree, but having these kids develop a winning culture in San Antonio and coming to SoFla with expectations of winning here is critical.

You won't have players go from a losing team to a losing team and provide a spark.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Concerning of what exactly is wrong with Weaver to keep him out for an extended period of time. I don't mind bringing Olsen up instead of Petrovic. My thought is that Petrovic overall is projected to make a bigger impact for the team's future than Olsen. Bringing a player up too early is crucial to their success. Although, I don't think that's a big factor here with Petrovic anyway. Depending on the severity of Weaver's injury, maybe they just want to test how Olsen fits at this point at the NHL level.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yup. Let Petrovic have a year developing on a team that isn't awful.
He gets top minutes there and is one of their better players.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
Concerning of what exactly is wrong with Weaver to keep him out for an extended period of time. I don't mind bringing Olsen up instead of Petrovic. My thought is that Petrovic overall is projected to make a bigger impact for the team's future than Olsen. Bringing a player up too early is crucial to their success. Although, I don't think that's a big factor here with Petrovic anyway. Depending on the severity of Weaver's injury, maybe they just want to test how Olsen fits at this point at the NHL level.

Weaver was out with illness since the Col game. My guess he got something pretty nasty and it effected his physical shape (lost weight) and they want to condition Weaver before coming back.

We'll see how Olsen does, the kid has a good shot. Maybe we can use him on point of the PP.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Olsen is older and more experienced. He deserves his shot. Some people are expecting Petrovic to be some sort of savior or something. He's definitely not going to be that, so there's nothing wrong with giving him some more development time.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Olsen is older and more experienced. He deserves his shot. Some people are expecting Petrovic to be some sort of savior or something. He's definitely not going to be that, so there's nothing wrong with giving him some more development time.

Exactly my thoughts. :handclap:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I want to see Petrovic. We're winning 3 games per month. We're out of it. Face it.

At least with Petro, he can help beat the snot out of teams. Make them earn those two points the hard way. But, I understand Tallon wants to see what Olsen's got.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Petrovic does not need to come up here and deal with this nonsense. Let him stay in SA and keep refining his game -- it would be stupid to screw with that right now.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Dmen take longer to develop...let Petro take his lumps in SA, not here with this lack of leadership and poor play on the backend. He alone cannot cure the team's woes in this end of the rink.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
If you follow along the tweets, it's unconfirmed that petrovic is coming up, just a logical deduction based on today's moves.

No one and nowhere is it stated anything about a trade.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: In talking to Dale Tallon Friday night it sounded like Petrovic was coming up. Gave me a maybe on Trocheck @RampageNate @PaigeLewisFL

Ok breathe easier. Likely one of the scrubs (or both once Weaver is ready) will be sent down. A blue line of :
Campbell, Kuli, Gilbert, Guds, Weaver, Petro, Olsen, sounds much better.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
@GeorgeRichards: In talking to Dale Tallon Friday night it sounded like Petrovic was coming up. Gave me a maybe on Trocheck @RampageNate @PaigeLewisFL

Ok breathe easier. Likely one of the scrubs (or both once Weaver is ready) will be sent down. A blue line of :
Campbell, Kuli, Gilbert, Guds, Weaver, Petro, Olsen, sounds much better.

jovo should be close

keep petro down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad