Confirmed with Link: Weather Cancellations Thread - Latest, Tuesday @CBus Postponed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Lightning were reeling and now CBus is dealing with Covid -

Bad timing, Mother Nature. Bad. Timing.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Detroit plays in Pittsburgh tonight. They really need to make a decision before that game ends, IMO.

Got a bad feeling we'll be really discombobulated if we play tomorrow with no practice since 12/22(?).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Got a bad feeling we'll be really discombobulated if we play tomorrow with no practice since 12/22(?).

Figure they will be sluggish and out of sync but the league is going to push games through if they can.

I'm curious to find out who were getting on the ice during this - the guys who could walk down to the arena seems simple enough though the idea that someone nearby had to also come in to get the place ready for them but the guys up in Amherst would've been driving in a driving ban. Granted, if they were the Bills, I'm sure APD would've rolled out their 4-by-4's to get 'em to the Northtown Ctr to practice.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone else been jonesing like a fiend for some Sabres hockey?
I wish like hell their schedule wasn’t going to be so screwed compared to every other team going forward…

but the World Juniors being on dulls the lack of actual games for me greatly

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I wish like hell their schedule wasn’t going to be so screwed compared to every other team going forward…

but the World Juniors being on dulls the lack of actual games for me greatly
Club football (soccer) back post World Cup, all day, everyday pretty much for a while.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Figure they will be sluggish and out of sync but the league is going to push games through if they can.

I'm curious to find out who were getting on the ice during this - the guys who could walk down to the arena seems simple enough though the idea that someone nearby had to also come in to get the place ready for them but the guys up in Amherst would've been driving in a driving ban. Granted, if they were the Bills, I'm sure APD would've rolled out their 4-by-4's to get 'em to the Northtown Ctr to practice.
I know that players in the past have lived in Amherst/Clarence/Lancaster, so maybe there are current players out there who could get to Northtown Center yesterday and today (driving ban in Amherst ended Monday night).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know that players in the past have lived in Amherst/Clarence/Lancaster, so maybe there are current players out there who could get to Northtown Center yesterday and today (driving ban in Amherst ended Monday night).

Yeah, they have the folks who own out there and per Tallinder and Hecht's wives, there is a long-term apartment/condo development that folks who don't live in the area stay, typically the younger family folks. I'm more wondering who got to the KBA or LECOM to get things open for the players.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If they’re told to play while they couldn’t get on the ice for a week and a half…they should forfeit the game. Because it’s unwinnable and f*** the league. Use the time to practice and make clear they won’t put their players in such a dangerous, unfair situation.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Larkin will guide them across the waters of Lake Erie on foot as befits his holiness.
on the way down the...33
1672275686989.png

If they’re told to play while they couldn’t get on the ice for a week and a half…they should forfeit the game. Because it’s unwinnable and f*** the league. Use the time to practice and make clear they won’t put their players in such a dangerous, unfair situation.
I wonder if it will be no fans as well. The league will let Adams deliver the bad news of course.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

It's not going to be much different than any other team's schedule going forward.

If we play tomorrow's game, that'll be our 33rd game.

Seattle, Tampa and Detroit are playing their 33rd tonight.

We still get our week bye.

You're highly, highly exaggerating the effect this is going to have on us going forward.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad