OT: #WeAreEddies.The Official FC Edmonton 2015 NASL Thread

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
The Eddies are here to stay! Beginning their 6th season on April 4th. The full schedule can be found on http://www.fcedmonton.com. After finishing a strong 3rd in the NASL's Fall season last year, The Eddies are among talks to be one of finalists for the NASL Championship known as the Soccer Bowl. Lets use this thread to once again discuss our Eddies as we push for a championship. Hanson Boakai is a little 17yr old phenom that will continue to blow minds this season, here's hoping he gets to start a few more games this season!

#WeAreEddies
10119398.jpg

Come on by for a beer and chant in section 107 with the ESG. But be prepared for smoke bombs and songs!
1297416972175_ORIGINAL.jpg

Also look for us in the parking lot before the game and come throw something on the grill
Blr7ProCcAAyxRr.jpg

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Come on you Eddies! A good finish to last year's fall season has me confident in the team this year.

It's always a good time in 107 :yo:

UncleDal

Metal Thrasing Mad
Aug 8, 2010
Edmonton
Explain the 107 thing, I don't want to appear unhip with the kids.
What we do in 107 is bring a different level of atmosphere that you see in Europe & South America etc... Waving flags, beating drums while singing and chanting. Often mock & terrorize the opposing teams or the refs if they make a bad call. Non footy fans will come out and enjoy what we do :)

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly even if you don't like footy, it's cool to check out a half-decent team in the city and kill 2-3 hours in the sun in summer. Plus it's only like 20 bucks :laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Atmosphere looks like a lot of fun and it's probably a good time for those who can stomach the sport. Great addition to the city.

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
Season Opener Tomorrow!!

FC Edmonton vs Jacksonville Armada FC

Taken from the FC Edmonton facebook concerning the viewing party

The time has come to cheer on the Eddies in 2015! We are excited to offer a family friendly viewing party for FC Edmonton's first match of the season!

Join us at Delta Edmonton South for kickoff at 5:30 p.m.! Win some prizes and meet some FC Edmonton players!

FC Edmonton season ticket holders can also pick up their 2015 season tickets starting at 4:00 p.m.! For more details on picking up your season tickets go here: http://goo.gl/77jpqY

You don't want to miss this match!

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
Got the draw against Carolina today in a game that they probably should've lost. :dunno:

Yeah, it was a pretty even game for the most part. I can't get over how awesome Lance Laing is, and his new banner hanging from 107 is funny as heck. That wind was insane from what I saw on TV (still in Saskatoon for another 2 weeks.) Cant help but to think it affected the lower attendance of what was 2800 or so?

edit* When browsing TSN, I came across a pretty sweet video segment about Hanson Boakai. It's a good watch for those not too familiar.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/powerade-24-hanson-boakai-1.813

Last edited:

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Cool to see this team getting some love on HF, I used to go to Jr.High with Hanson Boakai. not sure if he is back with the club or still in europe.

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah, it was a pretty even game for the most part. I can't get over how awesome Lance Laing is, and his new banner hanging from 107 is funny as heck. That wind was insane from what I saw on TV (still in Saskatoon for another 2 weeks.) Cant help but to think it affected the lower attendance of what was 2800 or so?

edit* When browsing TSN, I came across a pretty sweet video segment about Hanson Boakai. It's a good watch for those not too familiar.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/powerade-24-hanson-boakai-1.813

2500 Iirc and though I don't like blaming weather, the wind was ridiculous

Cool to see this team getting some love on HF, I used to go to Jr.High with Hanson Boakai. not sure if he is back with the club or still in europe.

He wasn't playing but he was definitely at the home opener I saw him on the sidelines.

EchoesoftheEighties

Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
A 3-1 win in Ottawa and another 3-1 last night means Edmonton advances 6-2 aggregate to the semi final of the Canadian championship. They will face and probably lose to Vancouver who is the best team in MLS at the moment.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I know it's tough to think about anything other than McDavid right now. However, The Eddies won at home on Sunday in one of the most exciting NASL games i have ever seen!

Highlights
Strikers @ FC Edmonton

Tough loss against the Whitecaps in the 2nd leg. The Eddies deserved better.

They also deserved a much better turnout...3800 in attendance for such an important game in near perfect weather has to be very disappointing for the club.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Tough loss against the Whitecaps in the 2nd leg. The Eddies deserved better.

They also deserved a much better turnout...3800 in attendance for such an important game in near perfect weather has to be very disappointing for the club.

I dunno, I view it differently to a degree. Considering the Eskimos with all the media hype and big TSN TV deal sometimes only draw 27,000 fans, 3800 for the Eddies, in a league with no TV coverage & minimal media coverage is not such a bad number.

I'd love if it was better, but it's growing. Too bad Clarke Park is such a bad venue. Don't think that helps either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad