Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We are down to this. Luck.

91A29ABB-C495-433D-AF27-2E422E1F828D.gif

Capped out we don’t have reserve players on the roster. The Saminator, Janmark and Brown hurt (not that it matters with the latter two). Ekholm playing hurt. McDavid is simply not right. December Leon showed up in October. Bouchard brain dead in his own zone. Nurse still not understanding how to win a battle in front of his own net. Forwards shooting blanks. Goaltending is like using a fishing net to hold water. “Coaching” is nothing but the 11-7, catch phrases, buzzwords and empty platitudes. Management is dead in the water. Cat avatars still are all over HFOil.

DD4B64F6-A4E8-40EB-9BFC-143BF520DCFF.gif

So fans have to save the season by wearing the luckiest of clothing. Rabbits feet and four leafed clovers. Horseshoes and wishbones. Lucky hats and winning jerseys. Bring it all out. Nothing can be spared. We need to win 2 out of 3 games if not all 3 this trip.

C92B7FBC-566E-4605-A9EA-F0F43262895B.gif

Oiler fans - your our only hope.

830BE6D9-9641-49C1-B6F8-4E0EA3AE648D.gif

———————————————————-

:edmonton CONFIRMED LINES

McLeod - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Nugent-Hopkins - Gagner
Holloway - Draisaitl - Foegele
Hamblin - Ryan - Lavoie

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner

———————————————————-

:nucks CONFIRMED LINES

PDG. Miller. Boeser.
Mikheyev. Pettersson. Kuzmenko.
Joshua. Suter. Garland.
Höglander. Lafferty. Beauvillier.

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.
Cole. Friedman.

Demko (although they guarantee themselves a win if they play DeSmith)

———————————————————-

GD Music - Lucky Man - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

———————————————————-

Fearless Prediction

I never predict an Oiler loss and the Luck of Odin is with me today. Oilers 5 Canucks 4.

———————————————————-

Last edited:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Thought Kane rnh Gagner were good together. Guess putting Kane on McDavid line to get it going.

Strange thinking Sammy snow pants and Kane are the sparks on the team not mcdrai.

Reactions: Valhallis

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Yeah, like I am going to waste the powers of my lucky underwear on this team.

However, luckily for the Oilers I am wearing my lucky underwear because I am a New York Jets fan and they have a HUGE game tonight vs the Chargers. But make no mistake I will be using most of the underwear luck for the NY Jets. You are not just handed lucky underwear powers, you have to earn it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Oilers cant really get anything going. Canucks are on a bit of a roll. Hard to really see the Oilers take this one.

• Haha
Reactions: M Ace

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The sad thing is I think we're in such a cycle of shit that not even a win tonight would ultimately change anything, just delay the inevitable further.

Could easily see a scenario where we win tonight, then lose to the Sharks in embarrassing fashion, for example.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The sad thing is I think we're in such a cycle of shit that not even a win tonight would ultimately change anything, just delay the inevitable further.

Could easily see a scenario where we win tonight, then lose to the Sharks in embarrassing fashion, for example.

That would actually be on script for the Oilers.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If we don't win then I hope we get blown out to motivate Holland to start making some changes.

We're in the sad cycle where a win just gives everyone an excuse to delay the inevitable longer. We've already had the "oh look we had a good game we're back!" moment in the Heritage Classic only for us to go right back to the bottom of the barrel.

That will happen this time again, there is no doubt about it.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We're in the sad cycle where a win just gives everyone an excuse to delay the inevitable longer. We've already had the "oh look we had a good game we're back!" moment in the Heritage Classic only for us to go right back to the bottom of the barrel.

That will happen this time again, there is no doubt about it.
It was a dead cat bounce. I mean its the Flames. It was at Commonwealth so the players got up for that one. Knew they wouldn't continue.

This is the one time I hope for a loss to expedite the coaching change. Nucks will probably screw us over and lose this one...Tonight a win is a loss ultimately, in the long game, or something like that.

So is Connor Brown out for another year. lol, haven't heard anything. Just asking for a friend.

Reactions: Biltmore

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Gulp... which side of Lady Luck will the Oil create tonight? I will be in The House looking for A. below but fully prepared also for B. and C. when exiting said House

A. Woodcroft locks in this team:

B. The Team's D and Goaltending:

C. Post Game if the Oilers roll a B.

McJesus, I don't usually ask you for anything. But I'm praying for a W with your divine intervention!!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Demko is playing out of his mind so 5-1 loss incoming.

I'm also going to fearlessly predict the Canucks score within the first two minutes of the game.

I hope Bono comes out of his penthouse to come watch this shitshow of a roster perform right beside Kenny.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Geez @5 Mins 4 Ftg you're rude! Only 6 posts in my pre game thread. :( That's gotta be a record for shortest ever lol. Maybe the

Oilers will need 6 goals to win which will be impossible with Demko in net. I know I've been really negative lately but unfortunately, I guess there isn't anything to be positive about right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad