Weakest Link

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Voted Michalek because whoever centers the 2nd line will have to deal with his declining production for the next few years and we currently don't have anyone to take over his spot. Legwand or Zibby don't have the talent to elevate him as Spezza could.

Greening will probably be a mainstay on the 4th line by mid-season, with some 3rd line duties from time to time so I don't see how he can be described as our weakest link for the moment. Neil, well, let's hope he gets as little ice-time as possible.

Edit: Cowen is a close 2nd, but he has lots of room to improve compared to Milan, which imo, is on the downside of his career.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I voted Greening. Ideally this would be a make or break season for him as he needs to be around 30 points to justify his contract. However with our ownership and the lack of interest from around the league I doubt he gets bought out or moved..

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Just an amazing thread. The fact that Pageau might not even make the tem would make him the weakest link now that we got Legwand.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This thread is just another popularity contest on here as a number of threads are that relate to who people like the most or dislike the most. It's been obvious for the last few yrs that a majority of people on here don't like the Greening - Smith - Neil line. But it is also obvious that the coach does like them A LOT based on the amount of ice time they get. I don't see that changing this yr.

IMO Condra is the weakest link at forward but I could see him play more than Hoffman. Pageau will be in Bingo so he should be off the board. On defence, IMO Phillips is the weakest link but because he is a veteran he will likely see more ice time than Ceci, Wiercioch, Boroweicki, Gryba & Cowen.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I voted Neil, but i forgot to vote for Greening and Phillips.

I have not given up on Cowen yet. He himself said that he did not really trust his hip last season. So that could be one of the reasons why he played like garbage. I am more than capable of giving him one more season.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Our weakest link is Cowen at #3 spot unless you think Ceci is #3. Regardless, that position needs upgrade big time. Cowen belongs on the third pairing going into the season.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I was going to say Zibanejad as the #2 C, but with Legwand, that's been addressed. That definitely leaves the D, and specifically either Ceci as #3D or Cowen or Phillips as the #4D

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Good post to highlight the heavy bias against Phillips. He was decent enough in 2012-13 and was excellent in 2011-12

I'll give you that he was excellent in 2011-12 playoffs... but other than that we have different standards for measuring defence. Phillips hasn't been able to move the puck reliably since the late 2000's and struggles to keep up with any team that has speed. His most reliable move in the D zone is pin the puck against the board and pray.

I'm all for eating crow but I think that only happens if Phillips is paired with Karlsson or plays sheltered minutes (like 6/7 minutes).

J-Dog

Mar 2, 2007
Ottawa
What kills me is that over 20 people have voted for some of the best players on our team like Karlsson, Turris, Michalek, McArthur, Methot, Ryan, Chiasson, Stone and Zibanejad. How do these players have over 20 votes given the other players on the list??? It shows a real lack of knowledge in some of our fans in my opinion.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What kills me is that over 20 people have voted for some of the best players on our team like Karlsson, Turris, Michalek, McArthur, Methot, Ryan, Chiasson, Stone and Zibanejad. How do these players have over 20 votes given the other players on the list??? It shows a real lack of knowledge in some of our fans in my opinion.

Most of 'em aren't Sens fans....and one is a cheeky mod. :laugh:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Most of 'em aren't Sens fans....and one is a cheeky mod. :laugh:

creepy-jester-o.gif

Muahahaha.

Seriously though, if they don't start playing a team game more consistently we are toast.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto

Your use of math and your weighting of one poll kills me.

J-Dog

Mar 2, 2007
Ottawa
Your use of math and your weighting of one poll kills me.

I'm sorry, what's wrong with the math? Count how many people voted for our best players. I guess you were one of the people that voted Karlsson as our weakest link...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad