Post-Game Talk (GBU): We were the prey

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
God I can't wait until this season is over. I honest to god never thought I would ever see our team look this bad, play this bad, or be this bad. They're really testing our loyalty with this garbage.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't even know when this team plays anymore. I've missed probably the last 15 games or so.

Risto's goal was a rocket, though. Only highlight from the game I watched.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
This team without Myers goes from awful to "worst team of all time" candidate.

It's not just Myers. Between blowing up the team and then all the injuries, this is not even an NHL team. We're terrible when healthy, now subtract: Enroth, Neuvirth, Stewart, Myers, Mitchell, Girgensons, Pysyk and Konopka.

EDIT: forgot about Sulzer and now, apparently, Leino, although I don't think that makes us worse. I would think Kaleta would be playing with Buffalo if he were healthy, too.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
God I can't wait until this season is over.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel that way?

Even when the team is awful, it's nice to have a chance, especially on one of those really cold, snowy, crappy days in Jan or Feb, to go see a live game in person, especially if they're playing a great team.

The end of the season always sucks for me. It's not even about the Sabres per se, but the game in general. That first day after the Cup is won is so empty; the beginning of a long summer of NO sports that I give a sh** about, a/k/a baseball.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g - Risto scored
-Larsson looked decent about halfway thru the game
-with about 5 minutes left in the 1st, CoHo had a nice shift, decent backchecking and kept it up the rest of the game

b- John Scott on the 1st line and whatever the rest of the team did (or didn't do) that led to that happening
-lack of effort by everyone but Ehrhoff and Foligno particularly annoyed me
-D-Lo looks like a big 3rd liner so far, starting to think we overpaid on draft day for him

u- we made the Preds look like a gifted offensive team
-I realize I put it under bad, but the team hasn't looked this bad since christmas. Came out completely heartless, complacent, happy to get paid to lose.

I do enjoy that Nashville uses our mascot as their logo :D

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't feel that way?

Even when the team is awful, it's nice to have a chance, especially on one of those really cold, snowy, crappy days in Jan or Feb, to go see a live game in person, especially if they're playing a great team.

The end of the season always sucks for me. It's not even about the Sabres per se, but the game in general. That first day after the Cup is won is so empty; the beginning of a long summer of NO sports that I give a sh** about, a/k/a baseball.

Well, there is always Australian Ice Hockey League, they stream on livestream I think. Melbourne Ice has links to streams on their site. They play thru our summer, wrap up around the time camps open in autumn.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I find reasons to try to enjoy watching my team play. Right now, it's Ristolainen. Often this year, it had been Myers, Ott and Miller. Sometimes it's the opponent. Other times it's a matchup or a particular player on the other team I want to see...

But I do that with other games, too... Pretty heavy gamecenter addict.

Clock

May 13, 2006
God I can't wait until this season is over. I honest to god never thought I would ever see our team look this bad, play this bad, or be this bad. They're really testing our loyalty with this garbage.

Stay the course, it's all worth it for a legitimate chance at putting something special together.

That said, I'm eager for this season to end as well.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I intentionally chose not to watch... i checked the score a couple of times and it only served to reinforce my decision. I am very glad i missed what sounds like an painful waste of time.

Here's hoping next season is a least a little bit of a step up....

ZeroPT*

Left after 2.
Des,Hackett,Hodgson and risto were good. Larsson was good for a bit in the 2nd, dunno about the 3rd.

I don't even want to name of the bad and ugly because I'd be here for ages

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I'll do the GBU backwards

U: The first period

B: Ennis and Ehrhoff in the defensive zone.

G: After the first period it wasnt that bad/hard to watch. It was fun watching Larsson and company forecheck and create havok against the pred's yound D-men. Risto slapper was pretty impressive. It was Coho's best game in a while and he's been decent as of late.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I think I'm one of the few that sits and watches /take the pain on every single game. :laugh: am I a masachist?

i still typically watch games when i have nothing else to do, but to be honest, if there is something else i can do, i am not gonna waste my time watching a crappy team. I still support them....but i am running out of energy to sit through bad games.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
Stay the course, it's all worth it for a legitimate chance at putting something special together.

That said, I'm eager for this season to end as well.

I am happy for you that you feel that way, I disagree. It's not worth it at all, and this season will always be a black spot on the history of the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad