OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah Katz's was known for their pastrami, they didn't cheap out on the portions either. Pretty sure they did everything on premise, from brining to slicing it up. Old school style.

I like to order 'deckle' for the meat. When I say this, they know this guy knows his smoked meat.

2nd ave deli. Great pastrami sandwiches.

thx!

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
2nd ave deli. Great pastrami sandwiches.

For those not familiar, the 2nd Ave deli is on 33rd St and 3rd ave. also on 75th and 1st ave. No 2nd ave anywhere. On Long Island I have always been partial to the Regal Jewish deli in Plainview. It's been there gotta be be 50 + years.There is nothing better than having a dog with mustard and kraut while waiting for your sandwiches to be made. ( wife never knows) Of course you can sit there too if you like.

LGI

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Hey any of you Isles folks interested in doing a fantasy hockey league this season?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Oh totally for free. Just for bragging rights and laughs. Not a league to take too seriously. A league for those who often forget to make lineup changes every day. A beer fantasy league, except you have to supply your own beer. But a league with fellow Isles knuckleheads at the helms.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Oh totally for free. Just for bragging rights and laughs. Not a league to take too seriously. A league for those who often forget to make lineup changes every day. A beer fantasy league, except you have to supply your own beer. But a league with fellow Isles knuckleheads at the helms.

I'm absolutely in. Want to make a new thread about it? It might gain some more attention.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I just starting watching Ozark season 2. I saw the first two episodes and they were very good just like last season. I'm looking for something else to watch until hockey season starts. Someone at work recommended Bosch. Anyone watch that?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I am finding the John Tavares responds to Lou Lamoriello's previous comments Main board thread particularly mood lightening. Some unraveled Leafs fan posting about Pajamas in this thread. Quite entertaining. Almost as entertaining as Jack Ryan I suppose.

Reactions: SteveH124

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I just don't get the exposure or have the time to follow the Islanders like I can the Leafs, but to me, things kind of felt like howthe Leaf's were in the 80's. Run and gun, defense was damned. Now with Tavares gone, it reminds me more of when Pat Burns took over the Leafs. Think you're going to see an emphasis on hard, defensive play that might be a little less exciting to watch, but is going to surprise a lot of team. Will the Isles 'suck' ? Maybe there will be some growing pains, but really the foundation of winning from the net out will probably pay off dividends. A solid core team, add a top player because salary caps are a reality and who knows? Maybe the Islander dreams will be crushed by a Kerry Fraser-like referee. But as an American team, chances are the league will be excited to see another Carolina-type winner. Lighten the mood? The future is bright.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just an fyi, we don't talk hockey in this thread.

Odd question for you guys. Do any of you guys know anything about background checks?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
sorry a bit late to the game here but Sarge's in Murray Hill is my personal fav. Katz's is a close second for me and you can't go wrong with 2nd ave either...carnegie deli was also a great option RIP.

Thx! Will be sure to make a list when I am in the area.

The best corned beef, though I prefer the Montreal smoked meat I have had to this point is from Schwart's in Montreal. Schwartz's Deli If the line up is too long, just go across the street to Main Deli. Don't pay attention to the decor, its the meat you are after. Main Deli Steak House | Best Smoked Meat in Montreal, Le meilleur smoked meat à Montréal

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007

The best corned beef, though I prefer the Montreal smoked meat is from I have had to this point is from Schwart's in Montreal. Schwartz's Deli If the line up is too long, just go across the street to Main Deli. Don't pay attention to the decor, its the meat you are after. Main Deli Steak House | Best Smoked Meat in Montreal, Le meilleur smoked meat à Montréal
Yeah I remembered seeing an Andrew Zimmern episode at that place. Looks legit.
Also, if you go to Sarge's, you avoid the touristy lines and wait, I gotta admit, Katz deli is a fun experience if you've never been before...quintessential NYC.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

The best corned beef, though I prefer the Montreal smoked meat I have had to this point is from Schwart's in Montreal. Schwartz's Deli If the line up is too long, just go across the street to Main Deli. Don't pay attention to the decor, its the meat you are after. Main Deli Steak House | Best Smoked Meat in Montreal, Le meilleur smoked meat à Montréal

I had a solid corned beef on rye last week at eisenbergs. 23rd/5th.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Crazy Fantasy Football question, do I trade Leveon Bell Now? or wait until he comes back?
You may be asking why, I am in a dynasty league, I can keep guys for their CAREER. I know Bell is a stud, but I am hating the holdout situation and I have Kamara and Dalvin Cook and want to get younger at the position.

There is a guy in my league who has Mahomes and Barkley, I am thinking of trading for those 2 guys.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Crazy Fantasy Football question, do I trade Leveon Bell Now? or wait until he comes back?

There is a guy in my league who has Mahomes and Barkley, I am thinking of trading for those 2 guys.

It's the future vs a name player that may never approach in the future what he has done in the past . Especially after sitting out .
If he returns to Pitts his comrades will hold it against him as he let them down . Would you block for a player that puts himself before the team ? Wasn't he franchised ? That's big bananas $$$$$$

On a side note I figured with the big holiday today there might be a couple seats open up on the 443am out of Hicksville going to Penn. I was mistaken. Nothing better than sleep standing . Now I understand what Cal Cluttershutup was talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad