OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I agree that a home should not be someone's best investment. I think the issue is that many people for various reasons may not make other investments so at least by owning their home they eventually have an asset. From a purely financial perspective in a perfect world people would pay less for their homes and plow savings into other investments. But that discounts: (1) the utility (practical, emotional, etc.) that people get out of home ownership; and (2) the fact that it is not now, never has been, and never will be a perfect world.

Or that people can derive meaning from taking on responsibility rather than eschewing it.

Reactions: Tavares Is A Leaf

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
For those not aware yet, Burt Reynolds passed away this morning .
Cardiac arrest seems to be the word. He was 82. I very much enjoyed his films and could always find time to watch for the 100th time .

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just had in and out Burger for the first time... delicious. Jack in the Box is next.
Home of the late night Taco.

I'm forgetting where the one I used to frequent was located. Maybe near the Commack Arena?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I worked, briefly, at Jack in the Box in Queens when I was a teenager. My sincere advice would be to not eat there.

I already did. It was fine, not the best or worst fast food I've ever eaten. In-N-Out was pretty great, and I'd put it right below All American as far as my fast food rankings go (for burgers). Jack in the Box reminded me a little bit of checkers, at least with their curly fries. Otherwise it was average. Would eat it again, but not my first choice.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
For those not aware yet, Burt Reynolds passed away this morning .
Cardiac arrest seems to be the word. He was 82. I very much enjoyed his films and could always find time to watch for the 100th time .

Coincidentally, once of the last movies I've sat down and watched for the first time was Mystery, Alaska. Fun movie and added bonus that they beat the Rangers.

Any coach who beats the Rags is cool with me. RIP Turd Fergus.....I mean, Burt Reynolds.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Coincidentally, once of the last movies I've sat down and watched for the first time was Mystery, Alaska. Fun movie and added bonus that they beat the Rangers.

Any coach who beats the Rags is cool with me. RIP Turd Fergus.....I mean, Burt Reynolds.

Didn't the Rangers win the game in the movie? Mike Myers in his cameo was great, haha.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Speaking of fast food can we start a campaign to get Wendy's to become a team sponsor again and bring back the legendary free chilli promotion? And furthermore state that if the team scores 8 goals we all get DOUBLE CHILLI????

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Speaking of fast food can we start a campaign to get Wendy's to become a team sponsor again and bring back the legendary free chilli promotion? And furthermore state that if the team scores 8 goals we all get DOUBLE CHILLI????

I want nothing to do with chili, my colon is already a mess.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Was diagnosed with Shingles last week. Definitely sucks. I hope none of you ever experience it.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just had in and out Burger for the first time... delicious. Jack in the Box is next.

Oh boy Jack in the Box . Back in the 70's on Old Country Rd and South Oyster Bay Rd next to Fireside and Burger King was Jack in the box . In the 80's the name changed to just Jacks . Now a days it's a bank. We used to meet up there and whoop the kids from Syosset that ventured into our town . Anyway those grease filled tacos .mmmmm . They had a version of the whopper. I can't remember the name exactly but the nickname was the "appetite killer ". Oh the 80's. Now I have to go dig out my Alf .

Reactions: doublechili

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Was diagnosed with Shingles last week. Definitely sucks. I hope none of you ever experience it.

(In all jest of course ) watching Weight coach this team has hopefully numbed your pain receptors. I wish you well.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Of course I'd be on board with that. :thumbu:

Reactions: sabremike

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Oh boy Jack in the Box . Back in the 70's on Old Country Rd and South Oyster Bay Rd next to Fireside and Burger King was Jack in the box . In the 80's the name changed to just Jacks . Now a days it's a bank. We used to meet up there and whoop the kids from Syosset that ventured into our town . Anyway those grease filled tacos .mmmmm . They had a version of the whopper. I can't remember the name exactly but the nickname was the "appetite killer ". Oh the 80's. Now I have to go dig out my Alf .
In the Jack in the Box that I went to there would be a cop inside Friday and Saturday nights. I guess if you were looking for criminals it was more efficient to just wait in Jack in the Box than going out and looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad