We should trade Eugene Melnyk

YellHockey*

Why would we do that? we already have a poor defensive market?

It’s about maximizing return from a soon to be liability. I love Melnyk's ownership just as much as everyone else but he is 48 years old now and would be just entering his prime but you have to take into account the amount of legal filings he gets in front of. Since the beginning of the 06/07 season he has got in front of 562 pieces of legal paperwork and this season he was conferring with his lawyer for 15 games.

Melnyk does have a high tolerance of pain but you can only be pelted with legal filings so many times before your body starts breaking down. Remember Alexander Karpovtsev big Russian businessman who played that same style, blocking lots of legal paperwork by the time he hit his late 40’s his body was worn down only getting around 55-60 games in a season

Melnyk could probably return a lot if he was shopped. We may want to keep him for another season, though we should entertain offers for him. The amount of legal filings he faces is awesome but it will eventually lead to injury, there is only so much the human body can take.

Maximize the return on this asset before it’s to late.

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
Well, I admit I laughed at the absurdity a bit even though this was just done.

This will be closed though. ;)

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Ever since we started sucking the Sens board has become home to unoriginal jokes.

At least the Habs are done with for now....and there is a limit to how many people we can trade.

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
Ever since we started sucking the Sens board has become home to unoriginal jokes.

At least the Habs are done with for now....and there is a limit to how many people we can trade.

I think the bigger problem is the inundation of stupid posts about hockey. :help:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I loved the awesome heel move of appearing via satellite.

I can't wait for the on ice segment where he finally reveals to the fans that when he ran out Alfredsson, his reasoning was "I did it for the Spezz".

Last edited:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Just a question: is anyone else annoyed that the cops aren't letting anyone exit the auto park across from CTC onto Huntmar, thereby forcing everyone to take the long way onto a road with no lights or signs, meaning people who park there are at the mercy of the likely alcohol fueled traffic coming from the arena's parking lot?

I don't want to slander Melnyk (actually, I kinda do, but I want to try and be impartial), but myself and a few other suspect that, since he's money has dipped in recent history, he may have pulled some strings to have the cops make it inconvenient to park there so that more people would be forced to pay for the ****** parking around CTC.

Yeah, can we get a new owner without financial problems, please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad