OT: We Remember: Boston Marathon Bombing

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I was at the Sox game today, some of the survivors who lost limbs threw the first pitch and said "Play Ball" along with Watertown Police. They stopped the game today at the time of the bombing and held a moment of silence, classy by the Red Sox. I was also at Fenway on 4/15/13, had the best Boston sports day planned: Sox game, seeing some of marathon and continuing on to the Garden for Bruins game that night. Sox game had ended in a walk off win and I was walking toward marathon finish line area with radio on in earphones--there were reports of explosion near the finish line, but of course, no one knew then what was happening. I turned around and went home instead....and we all know what happened after that. A day I will never forget and a community response that made me still more proud to call Boston my hometown.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I read something about the murder of those weed dealers in Boston, the ones who got their throats slit with drugs and money left on the bodies. Could it be if they had solved those murders its possible the bombings wouldn't of happened. There seems to be a connection..

This has been an amazingly under reported aspect of the story, as has the shooting death of TZ's friend while being interviewd by the FBI.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
And, let's marvel & applaud the strength & dignity of the injured and traumatized.

Wherever you find the worst in humanity, you will often find the best as well.

Boston, Massachusetts, and New England are far from perfect. Still, I love this town and this area. Nowhere else on earth I'd rather be.

Posted this in a very different context, but to paraphrase a sportswriter's comments per the "Lunch Pale AC" in the "History of the Boston Bruins,"

"If you bust your ass in Boston, people will take you into their hearts."

And:

"People love a dirty uniform in Boston, whatever the sport."

:handclap::yo::)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad