OT: We Remember: Boston Marathon Bombing

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Today we remember those we lost, those who were injured and the unity and resiliency that followed and continues 2 years later.

This board and Twitter were my lifeline that day when cell service went down. The love and support from everyone here and from other boards is something I will never forget.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was walking from Fenway after the game when I had a sudden impulse to stop and grab a hot dog at Spike's on Boylston ( which has since closed)

Had I not stopped I would have been very close to ground zero as the past few years after a game I would watch the later runners by Starbucks which is 100 feet from where the second bomb went off.

The Marathon Bombing is probably the second worst day in Boston history as the Cocoanut Grove fire in 1942 was a horror none of us can comprehend.

d4f9999601bebfab97db701a78680bb4.jpg

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I remember living on twitter and on police scanners for 48 hours

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I live 2 blocks from where the ******** lived and on lockdown Friday there were TANKS on Cambridge St. In front of my building was a news truck from WABC-TV in NY. FBI was everywhere.

Just a horrible, horrible week.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I was walking from Fenway after the game when I had a sudden impulse to stop and grab a hot dog at Spike's on Boylston ( which has since closed)

Had I not stopped I would have been very close to ground zero as the past few years after a game I would watch the later runners by Starbucks which is 100 feet from where the second bomb went off.

The Marathon Bombing is probably the second worst day in Boston history as the Cocoanut Grove fire in 1942 was a horror none of us can comprehend.

That fire in 42 is nuts. Sad day all around.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Pretty sure I posted 5 million times here while following the police scanner

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I read something about the murder of those weed dealers in Boston, the ones who got their throats slit with drugs and money left on the bodies. Could it be if they had solved those murders its possible the bombings wouldn't of happened. There seems to be a connection..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I remember refreshing the thread about 30 times a minute for 2 days straight. I had the scanners on all the way up here in Yellowknife, had them on when they caught the ********** too.

Couldn't imagine what it would be like in the city of Boston.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Well, both the prime suspects are dead now, so it's basically been "solved", I guess.

I know this may sound silly but from the time I heard about those murders and reading and listening about the 2 Tsarnaev brothers and the guy in Fl who died, I feel there must be a connection.

Brendan and Tamerlan were best friends. Hmmmmm..

I shouldn't be posting this stuff here, sorry.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It feels like just yesterday it happened. Can't believe its been two years. Those 36-48 hours will be something I'll never forget. From coming on here, to the surrounding cities being on sort of lockdown with major police presence to Boston itself being on lockdown. I never want to see it abandoned like that again. And then to listening to the police scanner. It was an experience that I'll never forget. Something I never want to see or hear happen again. I can't wait until that little dbag rots.

I pray for the victims every day.

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
The manhunt coverage on this website was nothing short of amazing. the info that folks in the area posted was a good 45 minutes to an hour ahead of the media. First time in my life that I saw a form of social media covering live news better and more accurately than the networks.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I saw a documentary about the fire. God what a horrific event. The only good thing that came of it were new safety rules for places like that.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
That night of the police chase, listening to the police scanners and reading this board were like being in a real life action thriller.

I'll never forget what those few days were like.......I was supposed to be in Boston for work the day of the bombing but cancelled because of the marathon, game, traffic and was at a client in Providence when it happened.

The next day or two later (I forget) I was at Providence Place Mall for a job for work and they had the scare for someone who left a backpack with wires sticking out against the Westin Hotel right next door to the mall and that was pretty chaotic.

Just an awful and strange stretch of time....impossible to forget

SToMper!

Feb 27, 2002
Sand Bar
www.shorelinemediapro.com
I've got chills. I was shooting video for a client half-way between the 2 bombs all day and walked by the first one about 15 minutes before it went off as my client had finished the race. I was in my jeep behind the Lenox hotel when I felt the explosions and was confused about what happened for a good half-hour. Everything stopped, people swarmed up the road, cellular towers were overloaded, people didn't know what was happening. All I thought about was getting home and crossing the Sagamore Bridge safely hugging my wife and kids. I thought we were under attack, or the subway blew up. I couldn't call home and people came running up Exeter St. asking me if I knew what happened and they were crying and screaming. I will never forget the feeling of confusion, terror, helplessness and anger I felt sitting in traffic for 3 hours trying to get to 93 South. I talked to my wife who knew nothing at the time and I could only think of how fragile we can be in a moment. That's what I remember, vividly, after 2 years.

My client took the picture with his cell phone that ended up on the cover of the NY Post as he was wandering Boylston Street looking for his family not knowing at the time "White Cap" Tamerlin was cowardly walking away.

I headed to Kansas City the next day for a job and turned all my footage over to the FBI who I told at Logan I shot video for about 8 hours the day prior.

I remember those poor people who were there when I walked by having wrapped up for the day. I'll never forget and we never should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad