Blue Jays Discussion: We put the Spring in Spring Training (Next TV Game: Sunday 16th vs Bal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Last one at 1000.

We_Put_the_Spring_in_Springfield.jpg

Barry Davis ‏@SNBarryDavis
Here are the #bluejays starters for first 5 spring games. Happ, Dickey,Buehrle,Hutchison, Rogers.

Also going Wed: Redmond, Drabek, Jenkins, Wagner and Storey. Thurs: Rogers, McGowan, Cecil, Loup, Jeffress.

Morrow will piggyback with Buehrle Friday.

Scott MacArthur ‏@TSNScottyMac
Drew Hutchison, Ricky Romero and Marcus Stroman throw on Saturday. Esmil Rogers throws one inning Thursday, starts Sunday. #BlueJays #MLB

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
To DJQ's point in the last thread, I don't think Boras is doing anything other than trying to be the best darn salesman he can be. However when he starts calling out organizations for not spending star money on mediocre players, that's when he morphs into an annoying mosquito (putting it lightly).

Also, the Bluejays are playing a warm-up inter-squad game today. No it won't be available on tv/stream, but I'm sure there will be updates.

BhVe9A-CcAAU9lv.jpg

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Do we know which game Ohka is pitching in? Or is he a pure bullpen guy

He's pitching today in a relief role which is where he'll end up I'm sure. Not sure when he's getting in an actual ST game though.

Intersquad game has already commenced, but for those of you striving for info, here are the rosters. Stroman/Hutch starting things off.

BhUvWHiCcAEShqD.jpg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Follow John Lott for updates. Couple notables:

John Lott ‏@LottOnBaseball
1st inning of squad game: crowd oohs and aahs as Hutchison picks Gose off second , applauds as Hutch retires side. Ah, spring.

Stroman in bottom first: two groundouts, walk, K looking (Goins).

Biggest applause of the game: Kawasaki rips a single past the third baseman.

Nolin allows two singles in scoreless inning.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
162 is a lot of games.

I understand its a personal preference, but I'm curious why you'd like to see him bat 2nd.

I like the speed at the top of the lineup....he'll get on base more IMO, if Reyes is on base as teams will have to respect his speed.

I just don't see Lawrie being an RBI machine.

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Gibbons likes Melky at the top of the order because he can get on base. Let's not forget he had a .322 OBP despite only using the top half of his body.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
So Boras was on the Fan590 and basically said Drew would be willing to sign here and move over to 2B.

I have no idea why we arent jumping on this.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
$$$$$$$$$$$

:laugh:
I'm so sick of hearing this.
Does this team want to win or not?
Drew isnt going to break your back financially and he is a instant upgrade at prolly our teams weakest position.

The fact that we have protected picks and would actually get a draft pick for Drew in 2 years or so when his contract is up makes this almost a no brainer.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Boras also said in his interview he's willing to adapt to the Jays 2014 payroll parameters so it doesnt sound like Drew is asking for anything outrageous.

Basically the Jays can sign this guy right now and improve the team if they like.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Boras also said in his interview he's willing to adapt to the Jays 2014 payroll parameters so it doesnt sound like Drew is asking for anything outrageous.

Basically the Jays can sign this guy right now and improve the team if they like.

That's the funniest joke I've heard all offseason.

Scott boras is full of it. Drew will move to 2b but only if he gets 3 years 35 mill (or something like that).

If Drew was willing to sign for a song like Boras claims he'd already have a contract. Same goes for the rest of his clients without work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad