Post-Game Talk: We play tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Lauzon was an animal out there all night. Not much else to write home about.
Trenin had every penalty for Nashville tonight. 3 minors + 1 major.

Tomasino with 12 mins of icetime managed a solid 0 statline. He has to start getting shots on net more consistently or atleast get a couple hits in there to atleast look engaged.

Saros had a good night. Too bad we couldnt scrounge him a point atleast.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Nice to see that some are finally recognizing that Tomasino is a player with a simply average ceiling. If Trotz can get something for him we will be better off. We have plenty in the pipeline and in the pressbox with more potential.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nice to see that some are finally recognizing that Tomasino is a player with a simply average ceiling. If Trotz can get something for him we will be better off. We have plenty in the pipeline and in the pressbox with more potential.
Hes 22.... i swear the impatience people around here have with prospects is mind numbing. He is producing at a respectable albeit not awe-inspiring middle 6 forward rate. Trading Tomasino doesnt bring Kemell, L'Heureux, Svechkov, Afanasyev, any of the other young prospects up. Not sure which pressboxed player you think has a higher ceiling than Tomasino.... Glass? Parssinen? Parssinen may if things allign properly for him but they fill two different roles in the roster so i dont believe one would ever be pressboxed for the other.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Tomasino is in a rut again it appears and he needs to figure out having stretches of games where that happens. That being said overall he’s producing shots at a higher rate than any regular forward that isn’t Forsberg. His ixG totals are equally good which suggests those shots are from scoring areas too. I know playing with McCarron seemingly helped him get going this season but I think it’s time to try him with someone else. His production numbers are much better away from McCarron.

Totally agree with the comments about impatience with prospects. In another three years I’m sure we’ll have a bunch of complaints about how Kemell isn’t producing so we should trade him and bring Wood up or similar.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I never really bought the idea that Tomasino needs to be with McCarron. I know the memes are good and all but let's be real, who's actually driving the play between those two?

Tomasino's issue is consistency and maybe confidence, not somehow needing to play with a specific 4th line plug to be effective.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
as someone who has spent alot of time in Switzerland and as a great admirer of their hockey tradition, I never wanted Fiala traded
1706038034307.png

1706038063511.png

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Once again, Tomasino is only 22. He needs to find his consistency but that's comes with being 22. That's why Trotz isnt in a hurry to rush our favorite prospects to the NHL. They need to learn to bring it each and every game. Tomasino seemed to be getting it. He was getting 2, 3, or 4 shots on goal a night. Now he has 2 games in a row with flat stats. Not even a hit to his name. Cant be out there and not have anything showing up on the statsheet. Lay a hit, be physical, show some heart, take a shot on the dang goal.

He is young and it will come but i do think it is time to see him with greater scoring talent.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I never really bought the idea that Tomasino needs to be with McCarron. I know the memes are good and all but let's be real, who's actually driving the play between those two?

Tomasino's issue is consistency and maybe confidence, not somehow needing to play with a specific 4th line plug to be effective.
But, what if it's not just a meme and he really doesn't feel more comfortable out there with McCarron? Who are we to tell him what makes him more comfortable and by extention, more confident?

It also doesn't hurt playing against the other team's fourth line but that's beside the point.

Once again, Tomasino is only 22. He needs to find his consistency but that's comes with being 22. That's why Trotz isnt in a hurry to rush our favorite prospects to the NHL. They need to learn to bring it each and every game. Tomasino seemed to be getting it. He was getting 2, 3, or 4 shots on goal a night. Now he has 2 games in a row with flat stats. Not even a hit to his name. Cant be out there and not have anything showing up on the statsheet. Lay a hit, be physical, show some heart, take a shot on the dang goal.

He is young and it will come but i do think it is time to see him with greater scoring talent.
He is still getting PP time and doing nothing with it so maybe the fourth line against lower competition is the place for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad