Proposal: We need to try Michael Del Zotto at wing

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It worked for Brent Burns in San Jose..

I wouldn't go this route though unless Berube decides to sit him when Coburn comes back in favor of Schultz. Stranger decisions have been made. If he's not on D I would like to see him on O. Why not?

Burns had a forward's background though. That and he is a pretty big dude.

It's kind of like switching a cornerback to receiver, there's a reason they aren't playing that position anymore.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Burns had a forward's background though. That and he is a pretty big dude.

It's kind of like switching a cornerback to receiver, there's a reason they aren't playing that position anymore.

Yeh.

Burns was a 6ft5 winger who could skate like heck and was defensively responsible. He was also converted to defence at age 18. Playing D in the NHL as an 18 year old and then spending the full lockout at D.

The guy is probably one of the biggest physical freaks in the NHL. 6ft5 and 230lbs and skates like he does. Like a thicker set Coburn really.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Switching positions from D to F or vice versa isn't as weird a suggestion as some would believe. Teams are reluctant to try it but it does happen occasionally and actually has had decent success in the past, the most notable ones still playing that come to mind are Burns and Byfuglien.

With that said, it wouldn't work for MDZ I don't think. Shot isn't good enough and he's not big or strong enough in most physical ways. Those two things together don't spell success to me. His passing and skating are much better and he could better utilize those from the back-end I would think.

I did really want Meszaros tried at wing last season though. Unlike MDZ Meszaros actually has a good shot, among other differences. Meszaros is gone though so, yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad