We need to talk about Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think there is such a thing as a "must win game" in December.

I think last season proved that there isn't much reason to go all out in the regular season. They should make the playoffs, and that's really all they need.

I think there is and I think this is it especially if Toronto wins because if that happens that means Tampa would be 6 back of Toronto and 5 back of Florida.

That is quite the hole and I know the blues did it but the first signs of life happened in December.

Tampa has shown NO signs of life.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I would still be surprised if they missed the playoffs from this point.
The Lighning definitely aren’t playing great but they have a bunch of games in hand on the rest of the division. And they have way too much talent and history of good play not to figure it out.

That's what I though also, at one point the Bolts were 1 point ahead of the Leafs with 5 games in hand but now they are 4 points below the Leafs with 3 games in hand. Those games-in-hand are not helping much yet.

However, there is this little voice in me that says that they are doing this intentionally so they can use the Blues 2019 model to win the cup since they couldn't do it by winning the Presidents trophy, that just embarrassed them.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They need Vasilevskiy to get his shit together.

shotPlot-25-5v5-cor.png

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
It’s not like they are in the basement.

If they won their games in hand on Toronto they’d be 2 points ahead of them.

At the end of the day, they’ll make the playoffs in a divisional spot. Likely 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad