We Need More Vets (After Dumping Malone)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
So moving forward, Malone simply cannot fit into our plans. Purcell may not either. Assuming we move Malone, I think we need 2 more veteran forwards. Plus, an upgrade on D, Salo another year? Not ideal.

Who are some good options for next year and beyond?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Purcell should have been moved at the trade deadline. I've been ready to get rid of him for a couple years now.

I haven't looked too much into the vets who will be FA's, but I agree. I don't mind seeing Salo sticking around and glad to have Valteri here and healthy, but we could use another one or two.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Purcell should have been moved at the trade deadline. I've been ready to get rid of him for a couple years now.

I haven't looked too much into the vets who will be FA's, but I agree. I don't mind seeing Salo sticking around and glad to have Valteri here and healthy, but we could use another one or two.

And by years you mean 1 right?, if even.

I defended Salo before this year but he needs to go, full seasons take their toll on him and he keeps making mistakes because he's gassed. Brewer is still solid and pretty much bigs the same thing Salo does, Salo's shot is irrelevant because it usually causes more harm then good by missing the net and clearing the zone.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I'll be surprised if Salo doesn't retire after this season. He seems like the kind of guy who knows he's not able to play a full game anymore. I'm sure the Olympics took more out of him than the younger guys.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
And by years you mean 1 right?, if even.

I defended Salo before this year but he needs to go, full seasons take their toll on him and he keeps making mistakes because he's gassed. Brewer is still solid and pretty much bigs the same thing Salo does, Salo's shot is irrelevant because it usually causes more harm then good by missing the net and clearing the zone.

No, I said a couple...you highlighted it. Couple meaning 2.

He's been underwhelming for long enough. He hasn't stepped up with the chances he's had.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Where are these veterans going to play? We don't have any spots except #2 RD open.

If we make the playoffs we'll see the reason Purcell was signed to his contract. He was money last time we were there, I expect him to silence a few skeptics with his play.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wont touch purcell except to say keep barking up the playoff tree. He has to be carried HE SUCKS.

Next I don't want no more vets either sign callahan or get someone similar. Move malone purcell keep carle filppula thompson callahan (koskta or cote )maybe pyatt I can live with brewer one more year add a veteran back up goalie for a year or two.

Everyone else can go and like that all these kids will be 20-25 years old growing together with say five vets we dont need more.

We will be AWESOME IN 2 more years AWESOME

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No way we could've moved Teddy at the deadline for anything approaching decent value based on what other players got.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
No way we could've moved Teddy at the deadline for anything approaching decent value based on what other players got.

agreed was smart to keep him just want him off stamkos line he will hurt it.

Is just what it is move palat up im not saying kucherov cause I have my thoughts on that situation and would like him on three for now and if he can pull it together and get hot than move him up. Think the pressure is getting to him a bit what he puts on self and just means he needs more time to mature:)

Filppula and purcell is not ideal but at least flip gets purcell and they know what they are doing. I dont like stamkos having to play so hard on defense to cover teddy's crap.

Move up cally or palat move down teddy im ok with that.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
My Boy is Mark fayne. At worst he is another decent third pairing D, but IMO he is more than that and I often heard from NJ fans that their coach used way less than he deserves.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I could use a list of all FA avail after this season. We could use 1, maybe 2 and should have some cap room, right? Ohlund's contract also is off the books soon:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad