Proposal: We need a Net presence!

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
You do realize that we had the same problem last season. It's just not 4 games. Its been a problem way longer. I've been saying we need a big body in front of the net for awhile. We had hartnell last year but he didn't really get enough ice time to make an impact as a Net presence
Yup. You remember that we had the highest points in the league and the history of the club, right? They'll make the adjustments they need to make if they find their strategy isn't working.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
They scored while crashing the net. Not what I'm talking about when I say net presence.

So not only do you want a guy that we don't have ... he has to be a stationary guy no matter if our guys already go to the net and score. I'm not seeing a logical basis for your position here. The evidence leans towards structural design by the coaches rather than a personnel issue ... when players go to the net and score it isn't how you want it to happen ... yet somehow 5-1-0.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
So not only do you want a guy that we don't have ... he has to be a stationary guy no matter if our guys already go to the net and score. I'm not seeing a logical basis for your position here. The evidence leans towards structural design by the coaches rather than a personnel issue ... when players go to the net and score it isn't how you want it to happen ... yet somehow 5-1-0.
The fact that when we're on a power play we have no one that will get in the dirty area and screen the goalie deflect a shot in. Apparently wanting asking for a guy like that hurt your little feelings. Understand what a Net presence is. We have players that will crash the net but not many that are big and physical enough to take the abuse to stay in from of that net. I'm happy were 5-1 but in my opinion which I'm allowed even if you don't understand is that we need a guy that has proven to provide net presence. I'm sorry you don't get it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The fact that when we're on a power play we have no one that will get in the dirty area and screen the goalie deflect a shot in. Apparently wanting asking for a guy like that hurt your little feelings. Understand what a Net presence is. We have players that will crash the net but not many that are big and physical enough to take the abuse to stay in from of that net. I'm happy were 5-1 but in my opinion which I'm allowed even if you don't understand is that we need a guy that has proven to provide net presence. I'm sorry you don't get it.
I don't know the guy personally but I'm relatively sure the guy you're calling out for not understanding a singular concept of hockey has been watching the sport for probably longer than I've been alive. If you interpret someone disagreeing with you in that we need to get someone to deflect in shots on a power play as getting their feelings hurt, that's a you problem. But anyway, sure, a "net presence" would be fine but I don't feel that it's a necessity as this team is constructed right now. If it's a glaring issue as the season continues on and we go down the drain as a result, it might be addressed. It's not like Poile is afraid to make trades.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

I'm not basing any of my comments on feelings. I fully understand your comments ... just don't see any logic based on player histories and observable decisions by the staff. Your thinly veiled insults still show through ... as does the fact that we have players who are fully capable of doing what you clamor for and that every observable indication is that this is a deliberate choice by the team to play more from the perimeter than to camp a guy in front of the net.

A few more things ... if you have to make false claims about an "opinion which I'm allowed" when NOBODY has said you can't have an opinion indicates that you see a need to obfuscate due to numerous people showing the intellectual failures of your position. Saying I don't get it after countering your claims point by point means that I, and others who have done the same, do get it and can rationally present a different position than yours. You now have a choice to engage in rational discourse or continue with the course you're on.

Claiming we have no one when Arvy has a history of doing just that shows a very clear flaw in your position. Injecting size when a smaller player like Arvy (hell, Forsberg has shown a willingness to go in front of the net and deflect pucks for goals) is an example of moving the goalposts ... a logical fallacy on your part.

Feel free to present a logical, cogent case for why we need a new player in the face of evidence that we have players who are capable of doing what you wish for and that our play is a conscious decision based on coached structure. Please take note of logical and cogent.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm not basing any of my comments on feelings. I fully understand your comments ... just don't see any logic based on player histories and observable decisions by the staff. Your thinly veiled insults still show through ... as does the fact that we have players who are fully capable of doing what you clamor for and that every observable indication is that this is a deliberate choice by the team to play more from the perimeter than to camp a guy in front of the net.

A few more things ... if you have to make false claims about an "opinion which I'm allowed" when NOBODY has said you can't have an opinion indicates that you see a need to obfuscate due to numerous people showing the intellectual failures of your position. Saying I don't get it after countering your claims point by point means that I, and others who have done the same, do get it and can rationally present a different position than yours. You now have a choice to engage in rational discourse or continue with the course you're on.

Claiming we have no one when Arvy has a history of doing just that shows a very clear flaw in your position. Injecting size when a smaller player like Arvy (hell, Forsberg has shown a willingness to go in front of the net and deflect pucks for goals) is an example of moving the goalposts ... a logical fallacy on your part.

Feel free to present a logical, cogent case for why we need a new player in the face of evidence that we have players who are capable of doing what you wish for and that our play is a conscious decision based on coached structure. Please take note of logical and cogent.
Guess I should be happy we have those guys .

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We had that exact player last year in Hartnell and Lavi hardly used him. At this point he would be a waste. With the old style we ran with Trotzy that might be a different story.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I think that there are different approaches to a net presence. Just because a goalie can't smell a forwards butthole doesn't mean there isn't a net presence. The name of the game is to try to get the goalie to not see a shot. Often times it is easier for a goalie to have a guy right in front of him. Less distance to see the shooter and puck. But if that guys is 3 to 4 feet in front of him it is more difficult to track the puck. I see more teams screening the high slot because of this.

Reactions: Drake744

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I can say the last couple of games I'm seeing more and more players willing to be around the net. So maybe I should of watch a few more game and I would of got more of what I've wanted to see. I guess I was wanting more of a power forward type player but you guys are right that doesn't seem like the way our team is built. Sometimes I have to put my foot in my mouth. I've also had to do that with Smith as well. He's actually looked better than he did last year imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad