We Must Lead The League In Opposing Players Getting Their 1st Goal of Season v NYI

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
:laugh: i was just thinking the same thing. at least its still relatively early in the season, if they are still leading in this category by january we are in real trouble

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
I expect these things to happen. I know we lead in giving up milestones. It's a part of this teams identity it happens so much. The last few years it's been like this.

Players get their first goal of the season
Teams get their first win of the season
Rookies get their first career goals
Someone hasn't scored in a year? Don't worry, the islanders will help with that.

I called the Gomez goal last year. I knew it would have been impossible not to happen against us as soon as I realized we were coming up on the schedule.

Shane Doans first career hat trick...scored in the final 20 seconds or something to get it.

These events are so predictable, it's scary...and rage inducing.

I'm very superstitious and this is a perfect example as to why I am.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I expect these things to happen. I know we lead in giving up milestones. It's a part of this teams identity it happens so much. The last few years it's been like this.

Players get their first goal of the season
Teams get their first win of the season
Rookies get their first career goals
Someone hasn't scored in a year? Don't worry, the islanders will help with that.

I called the Gomez goal last year. I knew it would have been impossible not to happen against us as soon as I realized we were coming up on the schedule.

Shane Doans first career hat trick...scored in the final 20 seconds or something to get it.

These events are so predictable, it's scary...and rage inducing.

I'm very superstitious and this is a perfect example as to why I am.

I vaguely remember and Isles Rags game a few years ago where someone like Orr scored multiple goals against us. It's really upsetting when that kind of stuff happens.

Also, every time Jagr touches the puck I cringe. Even in his current state.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
This has happened at least 10 times this year.

i remember about 5 guys getting their first goal of the season, but i dont remember 10.

however, i am willing to bet that the islanders have given up the most "last minute of the period" goals. and id bet a pretty serious chunk of change that they lead the league in goals given up within a minute after scoring.

thanks nabby......

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad