Post-Game Talk: We Lost. Again. 52 Shots For. Small Building Steps. Can't Complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
And for a team expected to be atop the East vs. a team expected to be at the bottom.

I think the differential in expectations might be the cause of the massive shot difference, not really a surprising stat. Hockey players are people, the Habs played the night before, and were facing a team that has only one win, and know they have a fantastic goalie. Players likely felt they didn't need to try as hard for the win... And they were right

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Cant believe all the Bernier hate around here.

He had an uneven game and year so far but he's been OK overall. Hes not remotely close to Rask or Bobrovsky bad comparatively this year. Our biggest problem so far is lack of finish from our snipers but Babcocks system is really starting to take shape so I could see us making waves once we get the personnel we need.

Love how Rielly is growing with each game and the few mistakes he makes are less and less noticeable. The PK time he is logging is going to be invaluable for the future even though he has been at fault for a few PK goals against. Top pairing guy for sure.

Harrington is a good NHL defenceman and still doesnt get a whole lotta love. Good pickup in the trade and he's only 22. Percy and Loov might seem sexier with their goals and hits but Harrington is more well rounded and is looking to be a solid #4 on a winning team as his progression continues. If we get a top 4 in Harrington and a top 6 in Kapanen plus the first for Kessel, do we win the trade? (Seems crazy but possible no?)

...also, Price is the best player in the NHL. No contest.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I can't believe the Leafs KILLED the Habs in shots, but still lost, I didn't see the game so I can't really give an informed opinion, but it does sound like the Leafs were the better team and the Habs were the team with the best goalie.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I can't believe the Leafs KILLED the Habs in shots, but still lost, I didn't see the game so I can't really give an informed opinion, but it does sound like the Leafs were the better team and the Habs were the team with the best goalie.

For sure. It wasn't just 50 shots from the outside either, we had a lot of good to great chances as well.

Too many mistakes still though. Gotta cut them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad