Post-Game Talk: we like our team

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Great game. Special teams were great and solid at even strength for the most part. Bit of a relief to get that first W vs. an NHL team.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Great game by Howard, and Larkin continues to be extremely impressive. Z has been one of the best players in every game so far.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Excellent team game after the first 10 min. of the 1st. Played real well and deserved the win.

Z
Green
Howard
HM to Larkin. Kids got insane wheels

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Howard plays great when he's under pressure from another goalie.

Howard usually plays very well until he gets hurt... Also I think the weight loss has helped his movement a lot so far this season. Also seems Blashill a former goalie has told Jimmy don't play the puck unless it is obvious as he is wandering a lot less meaning less problems.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I gotta laugh at that guy who claimed Glendening isn't good at playing the shutdown role.

Our 4th line just completely took the triplets out of the game. Major reason we won.

I thought both the 2nd and 3rd lines were solid, if unspectacular. Waiting for Tatar to really start showing his stuff.

Top line is MONEY. Damn. So good.

Defense is a bit of a mess. Smith deserves to sit after this game. Ericsson and Kindl both had their bad moments too.

Overall a very good game. After the first 10 minutes we were clearly the better team. Good solid game from Howard too.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
2nd and 3rd were really good periods. Overall a tight game.

Nyquist played the least of any Wing, btw.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
There are 79 games to go.

The team doesn't have Dekeyser and Datsyuk yet.

More stuff can (and almost certainly will) happen. Bad stuff too.

That said, I think we can pretty safely start laughing behind our hands at all the people who were losing their minds at the organization and yelling 'fire Holland' now, right?

Detroit's got a little something going on here.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Same problem as last year, but this team never starts on time. You can always count on the first 10 minutes or first period to just be a cluster.

Kindl had a pretty decent game. Smith had his worst in a while. Jurco played well. Tatar needs to find something and get it going. The entire top line continues to be our most reliable. Howard played as well as any goalie in the league would have that game. Ferraro looked like he never wanted to be pulled from the lineup.

I don't think anyone but Smith really had a bad game. Some people were meh but most were pretty good after the first 10 minutes.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
wasn't expecting this tight game this early in the season but should serve our team will.

Wings can definintely take some notes from Lightning. Lightning does very good job of driving the zone even when their guy is tied up. They just make small pass without even seeing because they already know their guys are gonna be there. bit like a football with series of small passes. terrific executions all around.

Also maybe our D can start skating up when every option is closed but has alot of room in front of him. Too often lightning 2 forecheckers close down one side of ice and has the other side of the zone wide open but Wings are forced to pass to congested area because there is no one to recieve the pass the other side. If D starts skating it solves the problem. no brendan smith stickhandling in that situation though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

That said, I think we can pretty safely start laughing behind our hands at all the people who were losing their minds at the organization and yelling 'fire Holland' now, right?

You weren't laughing before...:laugh:

The demise of the Red Wings is predicted seemingly every year since 2002 when people still thought the all-star team was too old.

HockeyinHD

Jun 18, 2006
Glendening is an amazing 4th line shutdown guy, reminds me of the olden days of Draper/Maltby.

Well, okay. Slow down a little there. Maltby yeah, but that faceoff dot has to improve by a ton to even get in the general vicinity of Draper.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

I have seen nobody saying fire Holland

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Howard usually plays very well until he gets hurt... Also I think the weight loss has helped his movement a lot so far this season. Also seems Blashill a former goalie has told Jimmy don't play the puck unless it is obvious as he is wandering a lot less meaning less problems.

He does play well thought when his job isn't 100%.

But yes, it seems as though having Blashhill has helped in that regard as well.

Stay in the net Jimmy!

HockeyinHD

Jun 18, 2006
General observation: Whenever Pulkkinen gets near the puck I can almost hear the sound of a button on a gamepad being pressed 10 times a second. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad