Blue Jays Discussion: We have Josh Donaldson?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
didn't we have Josh Donaldson for a while?

yeah. The joke is that most of us still can't believe it. Most games there tends to be someone that jokingly comments on the reality that we really do have a guy who's an MVP-calibre talent because of an off-season trade.:D

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yeah. The joke is that most of us still can't believe it. Most games there tends to be someone that jokingly comments on the reality that we really do have a guy who's an MVP-calibre talent because of an off-season trade.:D

its more of jokingly saying that we cant believe we have an elite player

:laugh: ahh

well, yes y'all have him. enjoy him :)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Think Reyes makes that play?

tumblr_nnyi11Nz1U1r37slco1_500.gif

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He was pretty solid leading off for about a week. I think it's just a matter of him cooling off in general which was to be expected. Would be nice to have Reyes leading off again though I agree. Travis would be a great fit in the 2 slot long term.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Simple answer no

I will add that Travis has struggled since taking over in the lead off spot. So it will be nice to get Reyes' bat back

He's been fairly unlucky. Walks and strikeouts up, but he's still putting the ball in play, just not getting rewarded for it. A lot like Martin earlier on in April.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

he's an MVP calibre talent? then why are the jays sucking is the pitching again?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
If we can hold out and play .500 ball while our guys are hurt and our pitching has underperformed, we should go on a little run when Hutch comes back to reality and Jose an Edwin start hitting. We also have plenty to trade at the deadline for rentals if we are in a spot to contend for the playoffs without harming the long term future.

Realistically I could see us slugging our way to a wildcard spot with a 4th starter rental at the deadline.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
so it is pitching. I am legit not into baseball as I used to be in the past hence Im always asking questions aha

yes Donaldson is MVP calibre. He's 2nd in WAR the past 3 years which proves how valuable you are to the team. He's behind Mike Trout. The players on Oakland were shocked at the deal, some pissed off. 29 home runs on Oakland is insane and could hit 35 here with a 290-309 AVG with great range at third. Sometimes his throws can be a bit wild though.

Pitching has been dreadful. Buehrle has been terrible before last night. Sanchez has been wild. Hutch terrible. Dickey had 1 really rough outing but hasn't been TOO bad. Then the other spot was Norris who was sent down. We rarely have pitchers throw more than 5 innings which is beyond bad. Our bullpen started out hot but have since cooled off but have been overworked. That's the sole reason for our start is the pitching.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Shi Davidi @ShiDavidi
Steve Tolleson in starting lineup for triple-A Buffalo this morning after electing free agency and then re-signing with #BlueJays

So it was reported he had accepted assignment. Then that he elected free agency. Then that he ended up signing a new deal. Odd series of events atleast from a twitter perspective.

jcollins

BJ Elitist/Hipster
May 13, 2009
I wonder if the new contract has some sort of out clause if he's not in the majors by a certain date? I think he has a spot on this roster.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I wonder if the new contract has some sort of out clause if he's not in the majors by a certain date? I think he has a spot on this roster.

read an article that said signing a new deal meant he avoided the must stay in the minors for 10 days rule for players who are sent down normally. Jays will probably want him up shortly with no backup middle infielder on the roster

GoHardSports

TorontoMarleauLeafs
Feb 22, 2010
Vaughan
read an article that said signing a new deal meant he avoided the must stay in the minors for 10 days rule for players who are sent down normally. Jays will probably want him up shortly with no backup middle infielder on the roster

Very neat loophole that AA found. He's pretty good at thinking outside the box.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
But then who would play 3rd? Valencia on his gimpy ankle? Or I guess they would put EE at 3rd and bring Smoak into the game.

I'm assuming that in an emergency situation like that, with the current roster, Edwin plays 3B in a pinch and you slide Smoak into 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad