Proposal: we have enough cap room for bold trade with edmonton

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
it looks like edmonton loves our character grit leadership and well they should. edmonton has vowed to move hemsky but im sure they prefer not to eat salary. suddenly we got the caproom to take the hit.

my proposal
mcquaid and spooner and kelly
for
hemsky and parjarvii

making this deal allows us to have 3 very very deep lines.

iginla can play with bergeron and marchand... hemsky and krecji hook up with lucic and then we put together an all swede line letting ericksson get the best out of soderberg and parjarvii

sign redden to be our 7th dman and make room for krug and bartowski... we now got morrow around too

there is 7 mill cap room after my deal to sign rask... but we will be over on bonuses

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Where is this cap space you are talking about?

And that deal would add $$ making it even worse.

There isn't enough room to sign Rask yet without using Savard's LTIR and the Bruins are looking at a $5.8 million penalty next year in bonus charges

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

There isn't enough room to sign Rask yet without using Savard's LTIR and the Bruins are looking at a $5.8 million penalty next year in bonus charges

Dom, are you at all concerned Rask has not signed yet ? Thanks..

Bi Coastal Bawse*

This trade is dumb

Kelly a solid vet
Spooner a future LW/C on this team
McQuaid is as tough as nails and making good money

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Why the heck are so many people hopped up on the Hemsky shish? If he was making 2 mill per year, I'd see it. But what he's making now, no way.

Paajarvi...boo to that, too. Eriksson, Iginla, and let one of (Fraser, Smith, Caron, Spooner, Knight, Camper, Koko, Cunningham) fight for that 3rd line right wing spot.

We all cry about how much we need competition at spots, well there it is. And if NONE of those players seize that spot, Chia can pull out the ol' early season tweak trade (see: Daniel Paille).

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
If I had a nickel for all the proposed trades with Edmonton that AOF posted I would have about 456 nickels.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Hemsky reminds me of Sam Jackson's character from Unbreakable, Mr. Glass. No thanks!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

wed be very heavy into the soft cap with my proposal. we are around 62 mill after signing paarjarvi and redden with a 21 man roster.

signing rask would probably put us as much as 4 mill over the cap this year after bonuses earned

we probably end up sacraficing seidenberg next year due to no cap room... certainly hemsky gets punted unless he takes a huge cap hit cut

the numbers can work if we choose to try to build three strong scoring lines this way

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
wed be very heavy into the soft cap with my proposal. we are around 62 mill after signing paarjarvi and redden with a 21 man roster.

signing rask would probably put us as much as 4 mill over the cap this year after bonuses earned

we probably end up sacraficing seidenberg next year due to no cap room... certainly hemsky gets punted unless he takes a huge cap hit cut

the numbers can work if we choose to try to build three strong scoring lines this way

So you dump Seids to cover most of (not all) the cap penalty next year so you're taking on an extra $1.5 million on the following season.

Now re-sign Bergeron, and replace an expiring Iginla and Hemsky, extend Krug and Bartkowski and Svedberg

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
So you dump Seids to cover most of (not all) the cap penalty next year so you're taking on an extra $1.5 million on the following season.

Now re-sign Bergeron, and replace an expiring Iginla and Hemsky, extend Krug and Bartkowski and Svedberg

Dom do you believe they are done? Besides rask and bergy of course. And if so how do you see the 3rd and 4th lines playing out. Paille up with Kelly and Soderberg? Or do they keep 4th line intact and let the rookies fight it out ?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I think we simplify this deal with Edmonton.

Chris Kelly for a pick.

I hate to move Kelly because as our lineup is constructed he fits in well in that third line checking role, but we are up against it and still need another RWer.

Not sure if Spooner is ready though...that is my biggest concern....but when all the FA dust is settled I am sure there will be a vet out there that would sign for short money.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom do you believe they are done? Besides rask and bergy of course. And if so how do you see the 3rd and 4th lines playing out. Paille up with Kelly and Soderberg? Or do they keep 4th line intact and let the rookies fight it out ?

No. Believe they will try and move salary out somehow. That bonus penalty for next year is scarier than people think. $4.8 million ?? $5.8 million in attainable bonuses this year? They need to move $1 million to account for that extra bonus and find the extra million they'll need to re-sign Rask to the space they have available.

Not to mention who is going to be that 3rd RW and at what cost plus the 13th forward

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
No. Believe they will try and move salary out somehow. That bonus penalty for next year is scarier than people think. $4.8 million ?? $5.8 million in attainable bonuses this year? They need to move $1 million to account for that extra bonus and find the extra million they'll need to re-sign Rask to the space they have available.

Not to mention who is going to be that 3rd RW and at what cost plus the 13th forward

Thanks. Sounds like you are surprised at the iginla move. Do you think chia got caught with his last resort there?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks. Sounds like you are surprised at the iginla move. Do you think chia got caught with his last resort there?

Several people I've talked to are very surprised and thought no way the Bruins go after Iginla. Personally, I am very shocked after all that happened.

I believe it was Dreger that first broke it (or Bobby Mac). Don't have the tweet in front of me but it basically said "Bruins now in n Iginla" - I take now to mean they weren't prior to.

I know they were heavily after Alfreddson, and believe me I took a lot of heat on twitter - even some one shots here :laugh: and he was TOP priority. They were ahead of Ottawa and Detroit since Wednesday, but in the end Alfie made his choice and he made his choice almost last minute.

Surprised? Yeah I am a little considering some of the things I've heard. Caught with his pants down? Maybe a little - but he had to get someone today. And he got one of the better options. Kudos to him for not holding a grudge I guess

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006
Several people I've talked to are very surprised and thought no way the Bruins go after Iginla. Personally, I am very shocked after all that happened.

I believe it was Dreger that first broke it (or Bobby Mac). Don't have the tweet in front of me but it basically said "Bruins now in n Iginla" - I take now to mean they weren't prior to.

I know they were heavily after Alfreddson, and believe me I took a lot of heat on twitter - even some one shots here :laugh: and he was TOP priority. They were ahead of Ottawa and Detroit since Wednesday, but in the end Alfie made his choice and he made his choice almost last minute.

Surprised? Yeah I am a little considering some of the things I've heard. Caught with his pants down? Maybe a little - but he had to get someone today. And he got one of the better options. Kudos to him for not holding a grudge I guess

Always appreciate the info. I don't post often but, and I know I'm not alone, always look forward to hearing your insight

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
I think we simplify this deal with Edmonton.

Chris Kelly for a pick.

I hate to move Kelly because as our lineup is constructed he fits in well in that third line checking role, but we are up against it and still need another RWer.

Not sure if Spooner is ready though...that is my biggest concern....but when all the FA dust is settled I am sure there will be a vet out there that would sign for short money.

As an Oilers fan, so long as the pick is from the 2nd round or later, I'd definitely do that trade. Kelly is exactly what we need.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I want no part of Hemsky, the guy is the epitome of the word soft. If the Bruins do ever make another big trade, I want them to go after a much better player then that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00