Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Just look at that line up.

aq8UWkF.jpg

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I used to have high hopes for Perez. Maybe it's because I was younger and more easily biased, but in his time in Montreal, I thought he was a pretty effective forechecker and I don't I have seen a player hit the post as often as he did. All in all, it was not such a bad group of forwards, we were just lacking a 1st line :laugh:
And Streit as a 4th liner lol

I miss Saku

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Is that a screen shot from the famous video where Pedneault says "hey c'est laid en ******** ste costume là Pierre" :laugh: ??

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Am I the only one thinking that line-up wasn't THAT bad?

Koivu, no words. Best playoff performer we've had in years. Had 75 points that year.

Higgins was a 20+ goal scorer. Ryder was a 30 goal scorer. Kovalev was well Kovalev. Latendresse had upside. Plekanec is still with us.

Streit is now a top pairing D, perezhogin wasn't bad, lapierre is still as good as malhotra. Samsonov was a bust with us, that's true but he was considered a top 6 guy when we got him. Bonk was one year removed from a 44 points in 66 game season. Don't mind Johnson, still like him as an analyst!

Too harsh on that line-up IMO.

At the end we even got Kostitsyn.

As for the D, Souray had 64 point season with 26 goals. Add Markov prime too.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Streit on the fourth line. He could be useful now on the first D pairing. We're better off now but it's not good enough.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
That's actually a pretty decent line up on paper..
Koivu..Plek..Kovalev..Ryder..Higgins...they are all 20+ goal scorers. It's more than what we have today.
2006 was abnormally high in scoring.
You forgot Ribeiro (Koivu wasn't a 20 goal-scorer either), he's the best of the bunch presently. We have a better line-up now. We didn't have a Desharnais back then.

I just looked at the stats in 2007 which I guess is what you were referring to and you're right. Five 20-goals scorers but 19 overall and we missed the playoffs.

This is a huge improvement.

Last edited:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
That's actually a pretty decent line up on paper..
Koivu..Plek..Kovalev..Ryder..Higgins...they are all 20+ goal scorers. It's more than what we have today.

Yea, Plekanec and Kovalev were pretty good together. Just put the 2015 version of Pacioretty on their left and it would be better than any line we have right now.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Plekanec last man standing.

Crazy that Plek is still our best center and an important part of our team 8 years later.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Am I the only one thinking that line-up wasn't THAT bad?

Koivu, no words. Best playoff performer we've had in years. Had 75 points that year.

Higgins was a 20+ goal scorer. Ryder was a 30 goal scorer. Kovalev was well Kovalev. Latendresse had upside. Plekanec is still with us.

Streit is now a top pairing D, perezhogin wasn't bad, lapierre is still as good as malhotra. Samsonov was a bust with us, that's true but he was considered a top 6 guy when we got him. Bonk was one year removed from a 44 points in 66 game season. Don't mind Johnson, still like him as an analyst!

Too harsh on that line-up IMO.

At the end we even got Kostitsyn.

As for the D, Souray had 64 point season with 26 goals. Add Markov prime too.

That team did not make the playoffs, and Ryder's 30 goals were the most useless 30 goal season of all-time. And also recorded a minus 25.

Koivu was already slowed down a lot, and could only be at one end of the ice at a time. That year he chose the offensive end and finished -21. He took less chances his next two years and production plummeted.

Souray amassed points on the PP but was brutal defensively ending up -28.

Rivet both a plug and a cancer.

Defence was the whole roster's problem. No commitment to it other than from a handful of guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad