Post-Game Talk: We get our first loss...Time to stop the streak.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Paul Ranger was terrible. Worse than Kostka. And Carlyle's decision to continuously play him will give me nightmares in the future. Just completely terrible,

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
AVS are a good team and will make some noise this year, instead of picking in the top of the Draft, year after year they have some very good young players and are solid in-goal.

Hymanbrah

Goin' In
Apr 8, 2007
Pathetic effort tonight. Then again they've yet to play a good game this season. Goalie can only do so much for you.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
It's not the team's fault, they were just following what Carlyle explained to them.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Carter Ashton needs to go. Orr suck. Ranger is horrible. Gunnersson need to go

Bernier is amazing

Really? I though Ashton and Gunnar played solid.

Orr, and Ranger I couldn't agree more. Especially Orr, the guy is so horribad at hockey he has no business in the echl. I don't care how hard he punches, the guy is AWFUL. Give that spot to Brodie and let Orr take an early retirement present.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tyler Bozak 23:35
Kessel 20:59
Lupul 18:38
Kadri 13:00

There is the reason why we lost today. Can't win much when your worst top6 forward plays the most. End the Bozak bromance already Carlyle. It is costing points to this club.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle got out coached by a rookie coach.

Avs are a HARD working team. You look at that defense and you think it sucks but man do they make you work hard for every chance you get.

On the Leafs...we have talent on our D but 3/6 defenseman are known for coasting IMO. Gunnar, Ranger and Gardiner are too loose.

Phaneuf played okay. Franson/Rielly were great.

Carlyle sucked badly. Kadri with Orr the entire game...it's as if we want to turn Kadri into a 4th liner in the AHL.

All in all, pretty glad to be 3-1 despite not having a 60 minute effort so far.

Bernier was once again excellent in net. I can't really blame him for Sarich's goal because it felt like it was a perfect shot made for that top corner.

Roy played his best players to win him the game. Leafs simply didn't do that. I think the Leafs were more content trying to hang on to the point and take it to OT than actually try to score a goal in the 3rd which ultimately cost us the game.

Don't even get me started on Ranger...

Rielly looked great.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I honestly can't understand why Kadri was playing with Orr all game. What do you expect there? Carlyle is essentially benching Kadri when he does that.

Good thing Bozak played 21 minutes though, wouldn't want him out ever..

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The suck:

Ranger
JVR
Bozak
Carlyle
EDIT: Gunnar too

These 4 were ****ing pathetic tonight. What the **** was Kadri doing with 2 plugs all night RC?

Frustrating game. And can we please shift Blowzak down to the 3rd line. This guy kills every offensive chance he gets. Kadri on that line would have had 3 goals by now.

Not that RC had much choice with all of the injuries/wife in labour/suspensions.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
everyone looked slow and lazy. never really woke up the full game. we deserved this loss.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
typical leafs.

Game at Home, Mid week, lost to a crap team.

A crap team that's 3-0 to start the season...

Anyways, Leafs didn't play a physical game at all.. Tried to play the speed game with Colorado

Frustrating, but they needed a loss to bring them back down to earth

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Feels bad, mane.

Also, cancel the parade.

Rielly looked great today. The 2nd Colorado goal was a big mistake by the 3rd pairing. Totally avoidable

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Ranger sucks ball but like Costco last year Carlyle will continue to play him

Once Fraser is back put him and Gardiner together and you have a safety guy for gards. Rielly and Franson are good together.

It's too bad bozak doesn't have kadri offensive game cause I tell you kadri is on the top line and they 3or4 tonight Bozak has no offence to him unless he is on a breakawY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad