Post-Game Talk: We get our first loss...Time to stop the streak.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
They are 3-1 right now so they are winning games.

But they haven't looked good doing it. We'll see what our record is once he comes back, but last night showed were lacking depth big time, and if Clarkson was in last night, Orr wouldn't have been on the 3rd line and we could have at least gotten a point last night.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Reimer wins more...

As the shine wears off the new toy, people will soon realize the team plays better and wins more with Jim.Saw the first 2 periods,kinda boring,both teams looked rusty.If Reimer goes back in the losing streak ends. Toronto plays better when he is in net.

SteveV*

As the shine wears off the new toy, people will soon realize the team plays better and wins more with Jim.Saw the first 2 periods,kinda boring,both teams looked rusty.If Reimer goes back in the losing streak ends. Toronto plays better when he is in net.

How can anybody possibly say that after FOUR FREAKING GAMES? Amazing.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
But they haven't looked good doing it. We'll see what our record is once he comes back, but last night showed were lacking depth big time, and if Clarkson was in last night, Orr wouldn't have been on the 3rd line and we could have at least gotten a point last night.

I disagree about the depth thing. I think we do have it. Its just when your lineup is missing 5 regulars, or nearly 1/3 of the team, its harder to win games. We were fine without McClaren and Clarkson and Fraser, if just when we also took out Kulemin and mcclemant that our call ups are getting a little thin.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Really like the call up of Leivo. Now he's someone I think Kadri can work with and I think if Carlyle keeps Bolland in that second slot, it gives Kadri and Leivo the opportunity to get some sheltered minutes.

Last edited:

Leafski

Jun 29, 2011

Despite the ridiculously small sample size that led you to this hilarious conclusion, i'll bite.

So you say that the team plays better in front of Reimer. Yet they looked pretty bad when Reimer played the first half of the game vs Ottawa. After Bernier went in as relief, the team suddenly looked better and... won. :O This is evidence that the team clearly plays better in front of Bernier....... :sarcasm:

See... I can be ridiculous too!:scared:

Johnny0nthespot

Oct 9, 2013
For a city that claims to be the "center of hockey" we sure don't show it. Last nights game was one of the worst crowds I've ever witnessed in sports. I've never been able to hear players so clear in my lifetime. If you were at the game last night you failed as a fan. Apart from the very few whispers of "Go Leafs Go" it was like a morgue at the ACC. We started of 3-0, it was a tie for most of the game...tickets are expensive, might as well make some noise.

If you watch soccer you know how important it is to play at home, that's the type of atmosphere we should be emulating. We as fans should be making it hard for teams to play in our building...instead we're putting both teams to sleep.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
For a city that claims to be the "center of hockey" we sure don't show it. Last nights game was one of the worst crowds I've ever witnessed in sports. I've never been able to hear players so clear in my lifetime. If you were at the game last night you failed as a fan. Apart from the very few whispers of "Go Leafs Go" it was like a morgue at the ACC. We started of 3-0, it was a tie for most of the game...tickets are expensive, might as well make some noise.

If you watch soccer you know how important it is to play at home, that's the type of atmosphere we should be emulating. We as fans should be making it hard for teams to play in our building...instead we're putting both teams to sleep.

You must have been in the lower bowl. I was in the upper part, section 322, and the crowd was fairly loud.

I find that the lower bowl doesn't even feel like watching a hockey game, everyone is so quiet.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
You must have been in the lower bowl. I was in the upper part, section 322, and the crowd was fairly loud.

I find that the lower bowl doesn't even feel like watching a hockey game, everyone is so quiet.

He probably didn't even go to the game. He listened to it on TV.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Last years playoffs is all the proof I need.

It is Reimer time. Hey ,name the last team that won a cup without a number one Center?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah, I'm in 323 and it wasn't bad. Fun game to watch live, we enjoyed it.

Was surprised though(still, always) at how many leave with 5 minutes left in a one goal game.

Tyler Biggs*

I think Bernier will emerge as the No. 1 goalie on the Leafs! Carlyle is in no rush and why should he be. Patience! The bigger focus is getting the D-Men working together and reducing the giveaways.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I went to all 3 games home games of the playoffs.

I was also there on Saturday for the home opener.

When the fans want too, they can be amazing. It was disappointing to see that CBC didn't capture the HUGE Bernier chant that went up on Saturday as they cut away to commercial.

It's the chicken vs the egg argument.

"Do you play hard, and then have the fans get behind you. Or do the fans get behind you, and then you play hard?"

At the ACC it appears as though fans are waiting to be entertained; there was VERY LITTLE for the fans to cheer about last night.

Tyler Biggs*

Jonathan Bernier played brilliantly.

He made 31 saves and kept them in it right to the end. You can't ask for more than that. I'm a big fan of close low scoring games. To me it separates a real hockey fan from an action junkie who wants bigger nets and coloured pucks.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
Yeah, I'm in 323 and it wasn't bad. Fun game to watch live, we enjoyed it.

Was surprised though(still, always) at how many leave with 5 minutes left in a one goal game.

Yeah. I will never understand it myself. I did it at the Jays game a couple of weeks ago with a buddy of mine because he had to catch a train and the next one would have been another hour or so after that.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Jonathan Bernier played brilliantly.

He made 31 saves and kept them in it right to the end. You can't ask for more than that. I'm a big fan of close low scoring games. To me it separates a real hockey fan from an action junkie who wants bigger nets and coloured pucks.

Bernier was great. If your goalie only gives up 2 goals, you should be winning the bloody game especially considering the offensive talent we have.

Apparently, some people believe that either Reimer would've gotten a shut out, or went and scored two goals himself :shakehead

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
It is Reimer time. Hey ,name the last team that won a cup without a number one Center?

The playoffs are all the proof you need? Because Reimer played over SCRIVENS? Cmon man. It's been 4 games. Reimer played one game very well, and a half game pretty damn poor. Bernier has played well over the course of the two and a half games he's been in. It's a long season, and its very early, but you'd have to be blind or ignorant to say that Reimer has been better than Bernier.

I like Reimer, hes a good goalie. I dont care if its Reimer, Bernier, or the reincarnation of Turk Broda that's in net, so long as we win, and right now, Bernier is giving us a better chance to win than Reimer.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

How can anybody possibly say that after FOUR FREAKING GAMES? Amazing.

Streaks consist of more than one, no?

Is that like giving the starting job to Bernier before he's played a single game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad