We don't want to sing the national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
For F's sake who is making the singer at the arena make the crowd sing the national anthem every home game now? That "stuff" is corny as hell, it was cool to do for a special occasion, but every night is just stupid.

People were yelling in the middle of it, the crowd barely even sang it last night, the two ice girls had to finish singing it, or nobody would have known when it ended, LMAO.

Edit: If people don't understand my post, the people who are suppose to sing the national anthem at Penguins games are stopping a few lines into the song, and letting the crowd finish the rest of the song, it is lame and annoying. I'm all for hearing the anthem sung by a good singer, but not by a half assed, mostly drunk, uninterested hockey crowd.

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
back in the day root used to skip the anthems and i greatly preferred it. is morehouse behind this??? dun dun dun

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Weird thing to complain about man.

No, it was cringeworthy, just sing it and get it over with, people pay to see hockey, not have a special moment singing the national anthem with a bunch of strangers that takes too damn long.

Even Madden was laughing about how bad it was.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
If the crowd wants to sing along I don't see any issue with that. But are they actually cutting or turning down the microphone of the singer(s) mid anthem to emphasize the crowd? If so, that's kind of lame, unless of course it's the performer intentionally doing that, i.e. Jimerson. I try not to watch Root anymore so I haven't caught an anthem in awhile.

Malkin112*

For F's sake who is making the singer at the arena make the crowd sing the national anthem every home game now? That "stuff" is corny as hell, it was cool to do for a special occasion, but every night is just stupid.

People were yelling in the middle of it, the crowd barely even sang it last night, the two ice girls had to finish singing it, or nobody would have known when it ended, LMAO.

****ing terrorist

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
If the crowd wants to sing along I don't see any issue with that. But are they actually cutting or turning down the microphone of the singer(s) mid anthem to emphasize the crowd? If so, that's kind of lame, unless of course it's the performer intentionally doing that, i.e. Jimerson. I try not to watch Root anymore so I haven't caught an anthem in awhile.

They stop singing it and turn it over to the crowd every home game. And you can tell the crowd is getting sick of it, because they barely sang it last night.

Its probably not the singer's decision, they probably are telling him to. I think #letjeffsing or something is trending on twitter lol.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think the Penguins are trying to invent a tradition with having the crowd sing the anthem and are failing miserably at it.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Lolll! What a weird post. Anyway, I'd like to know who is that guy who always screams ''LET'S ****ING GO PENS'' during the 0.5 second pause of the USA anthem, he's always there. Not sure if you know what I'm talking about loll But yeah if you guys wanna talk about the anthem, thats the only thing I got..

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County

Edit: If people don't understand my post, the people who are suppose to sing the national anthem at Penguins games are stopping a few lines into the song, and letting the crowd finish the rest of the song, it is lame and annoying. I'm all for hearing the anthem sung by a good singer, but not by a half assed, mostly drunk, uninterested hockey crowd.

:handclap::handclap:

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
I like it. It's not nearly as cool as when the Toronto crowd sang the American National Anthem when the PA system went out, but I like it none the less. I grew up in an era when we said the pledge of allegiance at school, and singing the Nation Anthem was something to be proud of.....now we have way too many little ***** that think those things are offensive to people so we shouldn't do it....**** those people, I'm glad to see a city and organization take pride in the Nation Anthem!

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
Lolll! What a weird post. Anyway, I'd like to know who is that guy who always screams ''LET'S ****ING GO PENS'' during the 0.5 second pause of the USA anthem, he's always there. Not sure if you know what I'm talking about loll But yeah if you guys wanna talk about the anthem, thats the only thing I got..

Why is it a weird post, It is probably sucking all the life out of our players before every game, and that's why we cant score any fricking goals. And someone should always yell "lets go pens" during that last break, its called excitement.

But you are probably sitting in your seat reading your program.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Why is it a weird post, It is probably sucking all the life out of our players before every game, and that's why we cant score any fricking goals. And someone should always yell "lets go pens" during that last break, its called excitement.

But you are probably sitting in your seat reading your program.

That's why it's weird , anthem is so secondary/useless... Lol bro are you serious right now? Is this another reason for our bad plays? We got the iron thing now this, what's next? We suck cuz Letang is a good looking guy ...? Come on man...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I like it. It's not nearly as cool as when the Toronto crowd sang the American National Anthem when the PA system went out, but I like it none the less. I grew up in an era when we said the pledge of allegiance at school, and singing the Nation Anthem was something to be proud of.....now we have way too many little ***** that think those things are offensive to people so we shouldn't do it....**** those people, I'm glad to see a city and organization take pride in the Nation Anthem!

It's not a matter of lacking pride in the National Anthem or lacking patriotism. It's that the crowd sucks at singing the Anthem and the whole thing just feels very forced. Just let the guy or girl with the microphone sing the Anthem.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
That's why it's weird , anthem is so secondary/useless... Lol bro are you serious right now? Is this another reason for our bad plays? We got the iron thing now this, what's next? We suck cuz Letang is a good looking guy ...? Come on man...

You know Cutch just cut his dreads for performance right.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
No he didn't. WTF man can't tell if you are serious or not.

I'm never completely serious or completely comical, usually in between.

But seriously, it could take a little bit of excitement away, when there is a really well done anthem, it could add some excitement can't it?

dekem

Sep 2, 2005
It could be that when the crowd peters out at singing, the Penguins don't realize the game has started, and that's why so often they find themselves giving up the first goal of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad