We don't lose if we get ahead

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Noticed this a few days ago but just checked to be sure. So far we have only lost 1 game in which we have held a lead. That was the 4-3 SO loss to Buffalo last Saturday where we took a 3-2 lead in the third.

I haven't gone through the whole season but I don't remember many games where we held the lead an then fell behind.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
More than 50%.. not bad?

Doesn't really say much. Montreal has a winning record. Thus any game not decided in a shootout or OT, they led at some point.

Montreals been fortunate. The most disturbing is I think they have led after the first period like once this year.

Only thing indicates is they tend not to blow the lead when they get it. The tough thing is they need to keep coming back which at some point will stop happening

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Doesn't really say much. Montreal has a winning record. Thus any game not decided in a shootout or OT, they led at some point.

Montreals been fortunate. The most disturbing is I think they have led after the first period like once this year.

Only thing indicates is they tend not to blow the lead when they get it. The tough thing is they need to keep coming back which at some point will stop happening

I think this is really understating things. I doubt any other team in the league comes close to us in not losing the lead.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Don't worry DD with his immense play time is a sure fire goal scorer. He'll put the team on his tiny little back.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is where Carey Price excels...
Do you recall last year in the playoffs Tampa got the lead once to start the series and that was it.
Price never let the go ahead goal in after that.
This year he's managed quite well despite our poor play in general.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I think this is really understating things. I doubt any other team in the league comes close to us in not losing the lead.

Depends, MTL has a lead, it blows it, takes the lead again.

Technically they had a lead.

The stat alone doesn't say much. Missing the context in between.

Thus any team with a good winning record held a lead at some point unless they lost in a shoot out or OT, then you always have a lead when you win so in regulation you always have an unbeaten winning record.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Depends, MTL has a lead, it blows it, takes the lead again.

Technically they had a lead.

The stat alone doesn't say much. Missing the context in between.

Thus any team with a good winning record held a lead at some point unless they lost in a shoot out or OT, then you always have a lead when you win so in regulation you always have an unbeaten winning record.

The point is there is only one game where we had the lead and then lost it without going on to win the game.

I am confident there is no other team in the league anywhere near our 14-1-0 record in games where we held the lead at some point.

I also think Rapala might be right. This might be partially due to Carey bearing down and playing especially well when we get ahead.
And conversely, his play slipping in games where we fall out of contention.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
That's because the games they lose they play like ****. I don't know what it is. It's like either the system works well or fails miserably. No in between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad