Post-Game Talk: We are the ones who blow leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If this is a year when a lower total like 94 points could make the playoffs, the Devils need 1.2 points from every single game the rest of the way.

giphy.webp

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If they're not going to fire the abhorrent coaching staff, then it's at least time to make a trade to send a message to the players. I'd be perfectly fine with shipping out Hall or Palmieri for a decent LHD defenceman.
Add wood to the list and I agree.
Hall does not deserve 10+ million a year.
Palms has been garbage and has been making terrible plays every game. Tend to forgive him when he scores a nice looking goal every 1 out of 450 chances .

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
you already aren’t getting many high quality chances from the Zajac line, but you need to play them because they do other things well and you can’t roll only two lines.

But to compensate you need to bench the even worse offensive line when down a goal.

You can’t roll four lines with how they are currently constructed down a goal late. You just can’t. You are giving too much time to two lines who are not scoring. Those are basically wasted shifts

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Sorry; for once defense was NOT the reason the Devils lost tonight. It's all on Blackwood. Just an atrocious display on net-minding.

Watch the first goal. Schmaltz could have parked his car where he received the puck. In fact, two Devils point it out to Ekman-Larsson

The fourth goal was a shitty turnover followed by a backcheck that made me look blazing fast and a defender falling over himself like I do to prevent a pass. Who the f*** was changing before the puck was dumped into the O-zone?

The fifth goal was Vats being a total weakling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Effort is also the bare minimum lol. Is there where we're at after 9 games? Pointing to effort?

I was militantly on the sign Hall train to start the season, but A) I don't think he is likely to sign and B) I think we might be better off.

With the way he is playing I don’t expect anyone is breaking our door down to give up blue chip assets for him either.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
you already aren’t getting many high quality chances from the Zajac line, but you need to play them because they do other things well and you can’t roll only two lines.

But to compensate you need to bench the even worse offensive line when down a goal.

You can’t roll four lines with how they are currently constructed down a goal late. You just can’t. You are giving too much time to two lines who are not scoring. Those are basically wasted shifts
Zajac and Coleman are at least going to score at a decent rate over a season, so you need to roll that line every game because of everything they do. No excuse that a 4th line with 2 AHLers should be regularly playing in the 3rd period when down a goal. That is inexcusable and horrendous coaching.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Positives:
Generated way more offence and scoring chances this game
Zacha
Hughes
PP looked good

Bags of crap / things that make me so angry I could club a baby seal:
Blackwood
Hall
Palms
Wood
Subban
Late period goals against
Blown leads
Scratching Bratt
Not playing Zacha more when he has been the best player on the ice

Honourable mention -Nico , but I’ll cut him some slack for coming off an injury

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Watch the first goal. Schmaltz could have parked his car where he received the puck. In fact, two Devils point it out to Ekman-Larsson

The fourth goal was a ****ty turnover followed by a backcheck that made me look blazing fast and a defender falling over himself like I do to prevent a pass. Who the **** was changing before the puck was dumped into the O-zone?

The fifth goal was Vats being a total weakling.

On the fourth goal? Wood turned it over trying to get it to Hayden so I imagine it was Rooney coming off

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
With the way he is playing I don’t expect anyone is breaking our door down to give up blue chip assets for him either.
Depends, he's still picking up some points. If he has good production by the trade deadline, some sucker will spend big on him.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't think that was ever likely for an unsigned Hall, anyway. The more overarching point being he won't be worth what he gets paid, take what we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad